• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT 8 Crashing - Not Responding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 Crashing - Not Responding

Hello

I am presently running NT 8 version 8.0.17.0 64-bit. About 2-3 times per day my computer system becomes very sluggish with NT8 running. For example, form time to time, I open up a web browser to check market news websites and it takes a long time to load. When this happens, switching from on NT8 workspace to another can take as long as 15-20 mins. Even clicking on a chart to place an order can cause the charting space to turn black, then dim, and become unresponsive for 2-5 mins before I can do anything. I find myself having to shut down NT8 and reload it.

I have rebuilt workspaces, rebuilt charts on those workspaces, thinking something might be corrupted, but nothing is changing. I noticed that when this happens the memory and power usage on my computer system is very high. On this computer I have the entire Office 365 suite, NT8, and a the web browser that comes with windows as well as google chrome.

The charts contain multiple custom indicators. I am trying to figure out were the problem is occurring. I suspect its my system. Anyone have any suggestions on what might be potential causes. Below are some screen shots...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ss3.png
Views:	2
Size:	738.9 KB
ID:	1053499
    Attached Files

Hello MarthaClines,

Thank you for your note.

A performance item like this can have multiple variables, it would be best for us to review your log and trace files to better assist here.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2122296" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.
    Chris Sch.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As a matter of interest, I have the same problem.
      This happens when I stretch my computer when asking Strategy Analyser to optimize too many parameters.
      I get over this by selecting fewer parameters and then helps the computer from struggling.

For me the answer is to upgrade my computer to have a faster processor more cores and more memory, there are for instance computers with 18 cores if you have the money !

Whenever my computer struggles I get the same type of scenario as your screen shot

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by liquid150, Today, 06:22 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post liquid150  
      Started by liquid150, Today, 06:20 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes