Issue with NT8 Reverse Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with NT8 Reverse Button

If I press the Reverse button for a trade initated with an ATM mode of 'Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission', the reversed position does not keep the stop and target of the original ATM strategy. This occurs in both DOM and Chart Trader. I know this works correctly in NT7, please advise.

Hello,
    Thanks for the note.

For this behavior, you would want to use the ATM strategy selection mode of 'select active ATM strategy on order submission'. This will place the stops and targets on the reversed position corresponding to the ATM strategy parameters.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My mistake, thanks for pointing this out.

Comment

I spoke too soon.

I tested this today in NT7 connected to Sim data feed using an ATM strategy mode of 'Keep Selected Active ATM strategy on Order Submission'. If I press the Reversal button, the stop and target parameters are created based on the ATM startegy parameters of the original trade that was initiated. This is not the case for NT8. I don't want to use an ATM mode of 'SelectActive ATM Strategy.....' because if I have an existing position and I sumbit a new order, it doesn't create a new set of stop and targets based on the current ATM templates selected. Please ensure that using 'Keep Selected Active ATM stragey....' in NT8 works the same way as it did in NT7.
        Last edited by Rmos22; 04-08-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Hello,

The functionality should be working the same in both platforms with these settings. I can confirm on my end that when using a 10 tick stop and 10 tick target, reversing the position will place the stop and target 10 ticks away from the new position entry price.

Is this not the behavior you are seeing on your end with 'select active ATM strategy' enabled? Can you provide an example of how NT8 is behaving?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion in my post above. What I meant to say is that in NT7, both ATM modes of 'Keep Selected ATM strategy.....' and 'Select Active ATM strategy....' will place the stop and targets when using the Reverse Button.

I edited the above post with the correct ATM modes.
            Last edited by Rmos22; 04-08-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

This logic was changed in NinjaTrader 8 when using the 'keep selected' strategy selection mode. It would be expected that using this mode in NinjaTrader 8 would result in a reversed position with no new stop or target orders placed.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes