Symbol Mapping & data feed issue from Interactive broker TWS to NT 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbol Mapping & data feed issue from Interactive broker TWS to NT 8

Hi i m trying to feed live data from my IB Tws to NT8 however facing challenges in that. Hope there is some symbol mapping challenge. Requesting to assist. Pasted the link of the contract i am trying to add https://contract.ibkr.info/v3.10/ind...164476&lang=en

Here is the symbol instrument addition screenshot
    Attached Files

full view of screenshot attached
    Attached Files

Comment

The symbol "BANKNIFTY" is a built in future. There are a few different "NIFTY" futures configured by default:

Based on your link from Interactive Brokers, it seems like the "NIFTY" future is the one you would want to choose. If you use "NIFTY", is this the instrument you're looking to use within NinjaTrader?

Comment

Hi patrick

Yes looks like the same , however still i could not load. Can you let me know the exactly instrumental symbol addition for the contract link that i have provided.

Comment

I believe the built in NIFTY instrument is identical to the link you've provided. Also, if we look in TWS we see coroborating information:

The issue I am hitting when testing on my end is two-fold:
          • There are no 2019 expiries for NIFTY
          • After adding the 04-19 expiry, my test IB account does not have real time data for NIFTY
          I suspect that, as a result of the second bullet point, all the mapping is correct out of the box. We just need to add an active contract month and then ensure your IB account has real-time data for this instrument.

So, on your end, first ensure that you're receving real-time (not delayed) data within TWS for NIFTY50 04-19. The easiest way to check would be to hover over the column to the left of the quotes in a TWS watch list. This is what it looks like when you get delayed data:

Once you've confirmed you have real-time NIFTY50 data within TWS, go back to NinjaTrader and add the 04-19 contract:
          • Control Center > Tools > Instruments
          • Change the 'all' drop down to 'Future'
          • Search for 'Nifty'
          • Double left click on "Nifty" with description "S&P CNX Nifty Futures"
          • Scroll to the bottom of this properties window > Hover over "155 rollovers... > Click on "Edit rollovers..."
          • Click "Add" > This should add 01-19 by default. Change this to 04-19 and choose a rollover date of any day before today
          • OK > OK > Close
          • Open a new chart with NIFTY 04-19
          This should either produce an error similar to what I got (which indicates you need to speak with Interactive Brokers about your real-time data) or you should see data.

Comment

Thanks Patrick , that really helped out.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post junkone
            by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
            12 responses
            0 likes