Problem 3rd party product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem 3rd party product

Hello I am based in Brazil and have windows 10 installed in Portuguese language.

Some of my directory links in file explorer show 'Documentos' and I have a 3rd party tool which accesses a file

in the ninjatrader bin/custom directory for some database access for the tool. I get an error message like missing file/database in this version

I happened to have a VM area with windows 7 installed in English and I tested the 3rd party product here and it worked fine with no error. So this shows that there is something in the directory or link that is not correct in the Portuguese version and so with 'documentos' ; I was informed by the company that the file is being searched for in documents/ninjatrader 8/bin/custom.

Do you have any experience of this situation with other language installations and problems. Is there a setting or perhaps ENV setting somewhere I need to set so it can resolved the path for the file/database

thank you

Is it possible to recreate the error? Could you provide a screenshot of the error you're referring to?
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Please clarify - the issue is with a custom add-on failing to find a directory? Or is the issue with some element of NinjaTrader not being able to access that directory (like not starting at all, for example)?

If the former, it seems like the add-on may be hard-coded to look for a specific location and that is what is causing the issue. have you contacted the developer of the add-on? If not, please do so now. Please let me know what they report.

Comment

Hi Patrick!
      According to the manufacturer of OFA, I'm getting the error of the print attachment, because of the directory pointing of my windows. According to them, it is because of the name "Documentos".
      Attached Files

Comment

I agree that the error is happening because the add-on is looking for "Documents" when your directory is actually named "Documentos". To resolve this, OFA would need to make a change to how their add-on is coded so that it looks for the Documents folder correctly. Here is the 'correct' way to access the Documents folder via NinjaScript code. Please provide this to OFA:
        • string docsPath = NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.UserDataDir;
        If OFA needs help with the coding needed for this, they could contact our NinjaScript Team directly.

As for how you could resolve this, the "Documentos" folder would need to be renamed to "Documents". I am not quite sure what is involved in doing this from a Windows perspective. Another potential test to confirm the root of the issue would be to load Windows 10 with English just to be sure that the language is the root problem (although I am fairly certain you've already determined that). The much better solution would be to have the developer address this in the add-ons code.

Comment

Okay, I'm going to pass this message on to them. Yes, I ran around using Windows 7 English version and had no problem. Thank you!

Comment

Hello good morning.
            The 3rd party made the change, but the problem continues. Should I not make any changes to my windows environment variables? Can you help me?
            Thank you.

Comment

The issue lies with how the custom add-on is accessing your computers file structure. The developer needs to address this issue. We cannot advise any Windows settings adjustments other than the ones you've already discovered to fix the issue (use English region/language settings).

Please tell the developer to contact us directly so we may work with them to resolve this issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post gravdigaz6  
              Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred