Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer, Close prices instead of High and Low prices

Hello Ninjatrader,
    I created a Market Analyzer solution where I defined a SMA with 1 period of the High and Low prices to get the daily market prices. However NT seems to ignore this and only shows me the close prices, although the indicator parameters show that I selected the high and low prices. Also the input prices jump back to close, but I selected High and Low before. I had no problems in NT7 but in NT8 I cannot find a solution.
    Attached Files

Hello Bernard_mu,

Thank you for your post.

You could just use the already configured Daily High and Daily Low columns in the Market Analyzer. If you set this to calculate on each tick, you'll get the same results using Daily High and Daily Low as you would with your single Period SMA columns. If you switch over to those do you receive the data you're expecting?\

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kate,

thank you very much for your quick reply!

Unfortunately your solution does not work, the Daily High is empty and I can see no possibility to choose calculate on each tick (see attachments NT_3 and NT_4). Also my indicator BSScanDivergenzinTrend... does not seem to work as I have based it on the High price, which also does not work with my SMA's. I am using the EOD data from Kinetick.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bernhard_mu,

Thank you for your reply.

I was referring to your created SMA columns as far as the calculating on each tick goes. Daily high and Daily low do that anyway since they're specifically for use in the Market Analyzer.

The Market Analyzer requires real time data to function correctly. The Kinetic EOD feed that is pre-configured within NinjaTrader is daily data only and does not provide real time data, hence why your columns aren't working as you would expect. You would need a real-time data subscription in order for these to work.

Comment

Hello Kate,
          thank you very much for your quick reply. So it is not possible to receive the daily high and low out of the Kinetick data? I am surprised about this as in NT7 it is working perfectly and also my indicators are running without problems.

Comment

Hello Bernhard_mu,

Thank you for your reply.

It's not so much a function of the data feed, if there's a daily bar for the day, you'd be able to see the daily high and low in the data box for a chart, for example. The problem is that the Market Analyzer columns require real time data, and the Kinetick EOD feed simply does not provide real time information.

Comment

Hello Kate,

thank you very much for the quick reply although it was very disappointing. If it is not possible to run a simple scan on EOD data (as it is possible in NT7) and many other functions that are worse or not functioning compared to NT7 then Ninjatrader will get rid of the customers very qickly. I will use NT7 as long as possible and then I will be forced to look for alternatives as NT8 is not usable in my opinion. Maybe this is the intention from Ninjatrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by XXtrader, Today, 11:30 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post XXtrader