Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to figure out how to download Market Replay data

Hello,

I want to use Ninja Trader market replay to practice day trading with historical data in a "live" fashion. I'm targeting the first 30 minutes of market open, and I want to be able to select certain stocks, pick a random date in the past, and live replay them so that I can get practice day trading.

So I downloaded and installed Ninja Trader 8, I go to:

Tools >> Historical Data >> Load >> Get Market Replay Data

Under the instrument, I type in a stock symbol, say IBM, and I choose a date in the past, say 4/10/19. But no matter what stock symbol or date I choose, it always says "There is no market replay data available for the instrument/date".

So what am I doing wrong and how do I get this data? I thought that Ninja Trader was free for practicing, but if I need to pay to get data with which to practice I'm fine with that but I don't even know where to go to get it.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for your post. This is due to the data available. At this time, only Forex and Futures data is available for replay download within the last 90-days.
    I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Market Replay.
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Do any 3rd party data providers provide equity replay date for Ninja Trader?

Comment

I am not aware of any third-party developers who provide equities market replay data, however, I encourage you to search the web for any availability and post here if you locate any resources for this.

Comment

Instead of equities market replay data, what about using equities historical data? Is there anywhere to get that?

Comment

If you connect to a data feed which supplies historical equities data to NinjaTrader, then you would be able to download whatever historical data is available from that provider. One built in connection that supplies historical daily equities data is the 'Kinetick end-of-day (free)' connection.

If you desire intraday equities data (real-time or historical), you would need a paid data subscription. You can see what supported data feeds provide to NinjaTrader in the table below:

If you'd like to discuss your options for paid subscriptions for data in NinjaTrader further, I suggest that you contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Christopher_R  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sidlercom80