VPN Support??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VPN Support??

For a variety of reasons I will probably need to start operating through a VPN. Is there going to be any problem with any of the major or often used VPNs?? While I am confident you do not make recomendattions as to which firms to use, can you at least tell me which you know will not do a good handshake with NT and which seem to have the fewest problems or whose problems are rapidly solved???????
    Thanks
    Dean

Hello deanldavis475,

Thank you for your post.

Many clients use a VPN service without issue, but it will depend on your specific circumstance.

We do not have any recommendation for a particular one, however, there is no fundamental limitation preventing NinjaTrader from running and connecting to your broker via a VPN connection.

Any issues which arise would most likely be one of these two things:
    • Connectivity issues related to quality/reliability of the connection
    • Connection issues caused by firewalls
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for this article! So, what VPN should I use?

Comment

Hello UnderwoodJasmine,

Thank you for your reply.

We in the support department cannot recommend a specific VPN provider. However, I will leave this thread open so other users may provide suggestions of what has worked well for them.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If you're just looking for a public commercially available VPN, I've been a happy long time customer of Private Internet Access. They have connections available all over the world.

Another option is to use a trading server for trading. We have trading servers available in Chicago, NY, and Amsterdam. You can connect to the server and trade as you would on your home computer.

For example if you are non-US, you can connect to your Chicago based server and trade with a 1ms ultra low latency connection. You can also use a VPN such as Private Internet Access, connect to their Chicago location, and then through the VPN connect to our VPS.

Would highly recommend checking out https://www.ninjamobiletrader.com/

NinjaTrader ecosystem: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...biletrader-vps

Originally posted by UnderwoodJasmine View Post
          Thanks for this article! So, what VPN should I use?
          Vendor_NT_Mobile
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ninja Mobile Trader VPS

Comment

Very helpful links, thanks! What can you say about Proton? Many of my friends use it and highly recommend it. They told me I can have a one-week free trial after signing up for it. So, I'm seriously thinking about it. On the other hand, I've met an article while reading reddit last night. One of the participants said that he stopped using Proton because it was reducing the speed of his laptop. Now, I'm very doubtful. I've visited one forum, not on our site, just a few minutes ago. One girl suggested me reading this PinpointVPN paper before purchasing a VPN. Can you tell me about your own experience with this service? Thanks in advance.
            Last edited by WandsKingers; 03-05-2021, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Personally I have not used Proton, but I believe the company has a good overall reputation.

I recall reading about Proton VPN on ycombinator. Found the link here: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=22107154

Originally posted by WandsKingers View Post
              Very helpful links, thanks! What can you say about Proton?
              Vendor_NT_Mobile
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ninja Mobile Trader VPS

Comment

Initially Nord is a no go, haven't digg deep yet, but connection lost when it's on.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post alifarahani  
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH