Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complicated ATM strategy

Greetings,

I am not sure if this is possible with the ATM of NT8.

Is it possible to place numerous orders and SL and Profit target at the same time.

For example...I want to place 4 orders at the same time on NT8 on the NQ

1 ct...2 ct 4 ct and 8 ct......they are all spread 5 ticks away from each other.

once the orders start getting executed....a profit target of 10 ticks is immediately created...as the other cts are executed....the profit target would automatically adjust to the 10 tick profit.....if the 8ct is executed....immediately a 20 tick stop loss for the total of the 15 cts is placed.

Is this possible?

It is possible to place multiple entry orders which have attached ATM strategies.

However, I'd like to clarify exactly what you're asking before I provide more information.

When you say that you want to "I want to place 4 orders at the same time", do you mean at exactly the same time (simultaneously)? Or are you just curious if you can have more than one order active at a time which also has an ATM strategy attached?

I've made a short video below demonstrating the behavior of 'scaling in' to one ATM strategy:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Is this what you're looking to do? If not, could you go into further detail about what would be different from my video?

Comment

simultaneously

that is sort of what I want watching the video....but I want someway to put them all on simultaneously, on account that the NQ moves so fast.

Is that possible?

Comment

what I would really like, is to just place the first market order....and then where ever I place it, these scaled in orders get placed automatically.

Comment

Here is another example of 'scaling in' except we're waiting until the first entry order executes:

To do anything 'automatically' would require a NinjaScript automated strategy. If you'd like more information about how to program a custom NinjaScript automated strategy, or for more information about a vendor who could program it for you, please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a brief summary of what you're trying to do with yout NinjaScript automated strategy.

Comment

I had a feeling that would be the case.

Anyone reading this, if you can code a strategy like this, please private email me, and let me know costs involved.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post alifarahani  
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH