Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 alert email

Hello,

I´m trying now for 2 days sending an email with options...test... but it does not work. It does not work with 2 different email settings that work usually. And it does not work for a fellow in a room.
    And I see in the web many questions about this topic in forum and futures.io.

What special setting has to be made maybe so that sending an email with NT8 is working.

Thank you!
    Tony

Hello tonynt,

Thanks for your note.

This forum post describes most SMTP setups for NinjaTrader:
    Below is a list of known e-mail settings and information demonstrating configuring e-mail alerts within NinjaTrader. Included are settings which have been tested with basic accounts. Please ensure that your settings are configured identically to those included, as some only use the beginning of the e-mail address and do not

What email provider are you trying to set up?

I look forward to your reply.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

this morning I found in the web a solution for this problem. You should add to your instructions that in the google account (and also other providers as it doesnt work with another email provider either) there should be allowed less secure apps. Once this is enabled it works.

As we know now how email alert is working ok I have another question please: how can an alert be set when I place an order, so that my fellow receives the email with the alert and vv?

Best regards
      Tony
      Last edited by tonynt; 04-17-2019, 12:04 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi tonynt,

Thanks for your reply. I will suggest we add that bit of info detailing the enablement of "less secure apps".

Please see the indicator here that will email the specified address when an execution occurs on the selected account:

This indicator will email the specified email address when an execution occurs on the selected account.

Alternatively to this, you can place an order at price level X, then make a horizontal line at price level X and attach an alert to the horizontal line. The only problem there is that it doesn't actually confirm the order execution like the indicator above does.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let me know if you have any questions on this material.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I know I could do the alert with the horizontal line but why to do this workaround when there would have been the possibility to send and alert directly. This is really missing in the alerts.

And the indicator is sending an alert with an execution. The alert should be send when an order is placed, this makes sense, not after the fact, after the entry. How can the indicator you posted above work with orders and orderprice please?

Thank you!

Tony
          Last edited by tonynt; 04-18-2019, 06:19 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thanks for your reply.

I attached a modification of the script that subscribes to OnOrderUpdate. From within this method, you can send any info you want about the order. In the example, we send an email if the order is in the working state.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 04-22-2019, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for modifying this indicator. Question please: I had an indicator in NT7 where the emailaddress was inside the code. I´d like to send the alert to more than one collegue and we want to use it in a group of traders. Is this possible?

And another quesition please: when adding the indicator there appears the message in log tab "Indicator 'EmailTradesWithOrders': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Where does this come from please?

Thank you!
              Tony
              Last edited by tonynt; 04-18-2019, 12:48 PM. Reason: wrong translation

Comment

Hi tonynt,

Thanks for your reply.

To send multiple messages, you would need to call SendMail() for each recipient. It's also possible that you can set up your email account to automatically forward the messages that are received to others, that might be a better approach if you have a large list of individuals to email.

It looks like I need to make some fixes to this script as the Account object is null at runtime. It is not working for the original now either. I will post the revision here as well as the NinjaTraderEcosystem website.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

I just installed the new version of N8 and am seeing the same "Unhandled exception" message.

dqfansurvey
                  Last edited by Steven49; 04-22-2019, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Hi Steven49.,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the NinjaTrader forum.

The script at it is now is not accessing the account correctly. I should have a revision posted by EOD.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello,

I fixed the bug created when I added the working order email to the script.

Please let me know if there are any questions on this.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Hello.
                          Great indicator in previous post.
                          Is there a way for indicator to monitor orders and price connection?
                          son't

IntelliSense don't give any hints for something similar to Accoonts.All[0].ConnectonStatusUpdate event handler.
                          fx.practic
                          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - fx.practic

Comment

Hi fx.practic, thanks for your post.

You override OnConnectionStatusUpdate() to monitor your connection, but if you have an internet drop then an email message might not send either.

Please let me know if I can assist further.

Comment

Wow, so easy! Thank you, Chris!
                              fx.practic
                              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - fx.practic

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes