Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8: Strategy analyzer template not loading for optimizer

Hi,

First of all thanks for all your help and support.

I am optimizing my strategy with the Strategy Analyzer Optimizer. The optimizer is running fine.

The problem is with the template. I set some of the input parameters with a range and an increment and then I save the template for later use. If I open the template manually by going to NinjaTrader 8\templates\Strategy\MyStrategy\template.xml I can see that all the ranges and increments are correct.
    However, if I load the template none of the parameters are loaded. I have tried the following:
    - Name the template as Default, hoping that it is loaded when I open strategy analyzer and select my strategy os open
    - I have tried with/without connection with Continuum, just in case this had any influence
    - I have close/open the strategy analyzer after saving the template
    - I have also close/open the whole ninja trader after saving the template
    - I have tried loading the template with/without an instrument selected

None of the above tries are loading the parameters. I attach the trace logs but nothing is shown there.

NinjaTrader: 8.0.17.2 64-bit

Thanks
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 04-18-2019, 08:04 AM. Reason: removed trace file

Hello xbionicx,
    Thanks for your post.

I see the following error in your trace:
    Code:
    2019-04-18 08:12:55:123 Failed to initialize DirectX device: HRESULT: [0x80004002], Module: [General], ApiCode: [E_NOINTERFACE/No such interface supported], Message: Interfaz no compatible
    2019-04-18 08:12:55:123 DirectXRenderingSW
    This message typically means that your GPU does not support DirectX10. This may lead to the platform rendering DirectX in software mode which can cause lag on various UI components. I suspect that this lag is responsible for the template failing to load.

I suggest updating your graphics drivers (if your device supports DirectX10) or upgrading your GPU to one that is compatible with DirectX10.

Please see the following link for NinjaTrader 8 System Requirements: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...quirements.htm
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshG; 04-18-2019, 08:02 AM.
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your quick response Josh.

I have checked that computer and it supports DirectX 11 according to dxdiag (see attachment). I will make sure the driver is updated.

However, I have tried in another computer and directX does not give any error:
      2019-04-18 18:29:59:573 DirectXRenderingHW

But still I am not able to load the templates for the strategy analyzer. What else can it be?

In this new computer I have the same version: 8.0.17.2 64-bit

Thanks

Attached Files

Comment

xbionic,

If you update the drivers on the DX11 PC and are still getting this error I would like to get a closer looks at your log/trace/dxdiag files.

Are you able to replicate this issue using the SampleMACross strategy preloaded with NinjaTrader?

How did you create the user inputs? Can you show me all the code pertaining to one of these inputs that does not save as a template?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JoshG View Post
          xbionic,

Are you able to replicate this issue using the SampleMACross strategy preloaded with NinjaTrader?
          We are getting closer! Loading a stored optimizer template for SampleMACross works without problems

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JoshG View Post
          How did you create the user inputs? Can you show me all the code pertaining to one of these inputs that does not save as a template?
          I have just sent you via message the template xml for the optimizer as well as the part of the strategy code about the user input

Thanks

Comment

xbionicx,

Thanks. Nothing stands out in the files you sent me and it looks like this may be something specific to your strategy. Without the full code I am unable to really do any tests on my end.(or another sample script produces the same behavior)

If you'd like to upload the full code I can take a look and see if anything jumps out. Or if you'd prefer to email a copy, send to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with Attn: Josh G in the Subject line. Also within the email please include a link to this thread, and the files.

Comment

Thanks Josh. I have just sent it to you via email

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post cre8able  
              Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM