Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 Hours Chart

Hello,

NT8 has no hourly intervals, so I'm using 720 minutes interval to build 12 hours chart.

Start date is 01.01.2019, end date is current day.

Time zone in Options is the same as in the Trading Hours for forex instruments.

Start time is 0:00 Monday and end time is 0:00 Saturday.

So why am I getting 09:00 and 21:00 time marks for candles as close time? Why it's not 12:00 and 00:00?

By default, forex instruments use the 'Forex' trading hours template which is configured to run from 5PM to 5PM eastern US time Sunday through Friday. This time zone is then converted to whatever local PC and/or NinjaTrader time zone you have selected. For example, if NinjaTrader is set to central us time, then I would expect a 4PM to 4PM session.

Please clarify what trading hours template you're using in your chart. To check, right-click on your chart and select "Data series" then tell me what is selected for 'Trading hours'.

What time zone is set within Tools > Options?

Comment

Forex is selected.

In Options time zone is UTC +03:00.
      Last edited by Botan626; 04-19-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

This template has been edited from default. You're seeing a bar begin at 0900 because the template has been configured this way.

Can you go into further detail about what you were trying to accomplish by changing the default Forex trading hours template in this way?

What is your desired start time for your 12 hour bars?

Comment

I edited this template the way it represents my local trading hours.

All decent brokers are at GMT +3 now, and my city Moscow is at the same time zone too, that's why it starts at 00:00 Monday and ends at 00:00 Saturday.

NT8 shows close time for candles, and I can say that the close time in NT8 corresponds with open times in my MT4 on 30 minutes chart for e.g.

I want to see 12:00 and 00:00 as close time for 12 hours candles in NT8. I think it's reasonable, no?
          The day starts at 00:00, so the 1st 12 hours candle closes at 12:00 pm.
          Last edited by Botan626; 04-19-2019, 09:14 AM.

Comment

each day is split into two sessions in your configuration:
            1. A 9 hour session from 00:00-09:00.
            2. A 15 hour session from 0900-00:00
            You can't get 12 hour bars from the first session because it is less than 12 hours. Your 12 hour bar begins at 0900 because that's when you've configured the beginning of your session.

Edit the 'Default 24/7' trading hours template to be in your desired time zone then use the 'Default 24/7' template on your charts. this should result in bars beginning/closing at 0000/1200 and 1200/0000 in your local time zone.

Comment

Or right, my bad, 9:00 a.m., how could I miss it.

But the reason I divided one day into 2 parts is that it gave me 2 sessions break lines for one day, and I want to see 9:00 am vertical line on the chart.

I could use vertical line to achieve this, but I'm using Heiken Ashi indicator for candles, and vertical line will plot only on top on them, while sessions break lines won't. Any workaround I don't see?
              Last edited by Botan626; 04-19-2019, 09:45 AM.

Comment

You can change the 'z order' of any object on your chart. If you change your vertical line to be in the back of the z order, it will appear behind other objects. To change the z order of an object, first single left click on that object then hold down SHIFT while you use your mouse's scroll wheel to move the object forwards or backwards in the z order.

Here is a link with more information about z order:

Comment

Z-order is just great, thanks for your help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                  168 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post sidlercom80  
                  Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM