Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Key Order Entry Questions

How do I:

1. Set up my hotkeys so that I can have pre-defined hotkeys to take a certain portion of a stock, let's say go long/short with $10000 of the stock (and the platform does the math to determine how many shares that actually is).

2. When I have a position in a stock, how can I set up hotkeys to exit my full position, half position, third position, etc....

Hello sawtooth500,

Thank you for your post.

For #1 I would be more than happy to submit a feature request for this item as this is currently not available in the platform.

However, this could also be accomplished with custom coding and I would be more than happy to put you into contact with our Platform Sales team about getting in contact with a Developer or if you are familiar with coding our NinjaScript team could assist with any specific questions you may have.

Also for #2, it is possible to use the 'Close Position' hotkey to close out your position entirely, then to close a half or a third of a position you could use the buy or sell market Hot Key along with having a scale quantity selected from within your SuperDOM window.

I will also send in a feature request for the half/third close position as well.

Please note that you may also accomplish this with custom coding also.

I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created for both of these feature requests.

Also for your reference, I have included a couple of links from our NinjaTrader Help Guide on Hot Keys and the SuperDOM properties menu:Also, I have included a video from our publicly available YouTube page on Scaling in and out of a position:Thanks in advance for your patience.
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello sawtooth500,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2386. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Previously it was written:

" it is possible to use the 'Close Position' hotkey to close out your position entirely, then to close a half or a third of a position you could use the buy or sell market Hot Key along with having a scale quantity selected from within your SuperDOM window."

So to be clear - without custom Ninja script programming, there is no way to create a hotkey that automatically sells half, third, etc of my position, correct? The only way to do this, is let's say I'm 1000 long on GE, and I want to sell 500 GE to scale out half, I'd need to manually enter 500 shares in the order ticket or super DOM and then sell that, correct?

I'm trying to avoid that manual entry if at all possible...

Comment

Hello sawtooth500,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you are correct, currently, this is not possible through the platform using Hot Keys to change the Quantity.

However, a workaround would be to use the Scale Quantity option if you are using an ATM Strategy which will change the Quantity to a specified value automatically once you have entered a position and then you may use Hot Keys to place orders to scale out of the position.

To set the Scale Quantity value you may follow the steps below:
          • Right click in your Super DOM window
          • Select 'Properties'
          • You may set the Scale Quantity value under the 'General' category
          • Click 'OK' to save any changes
          Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post trilliantrader  
          Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes