Bar Colors Based on Closing Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar Colors Based on Closing Price

Hi, I'm new to NinjaTrader and want to set up my chart style to display OHLC bars with colors based on the position of the close compared to the previous bar's close. For example, a daily bar closing above the prior day's close I want to color green. How can I do that?

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

When using the OHLC chart style, bars that close higher than the previous bar will appear green by default, and bars that close lower than the previous bar will appear red by default. These colors may be changed by right-clicking the chart, going to Data Series, then changing "Color for up bars" or "Color for down bars". The default "candlestick" bars also behave this way.

Below I have provided a link with more information about Chart Styles in NinjaTrader 8:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Tyler. I see what you are saying about changing the colors. However, my NT8 system colors a OHLC bar based on the close compared to the open of the same bar as is normal for candlesticks, and doesn't color based on the close of the bar as compared to the previous bar. Most of the time the coloring scheme is the same between the two methods, but not always. For example, on the Gold daily chart (GC 06-19) the bar on 4/12/2019 closed higher than the previous bar's close and should be colored green, yet the system colored it red because the bar's close was lower than the bar's open.

Comment

Hello JohnAymin,

Thanks for your reply.

This is not possible with the built-in OHLC bars. You may be able to find a custom add-on that allows this at https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/.
        Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes