X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Performance

Hi
    happy Easter all

I'd like to know if i can linking Trades shown in Startegy Performance -> Analysis with the chart where strategy is applied on .
    I mean , i want to click on a specific trade and the chart where strategu is active moves and show that specific trade
    thanks

Hello victorsmith,

Thanks for your post.

From the strategy performance, you can select a trade from the "Trades" display or execution from the "execution" display, right mouse click on the row and select "Chart". this will open a new chart window showing the trade/execution selected. There are no automated means to go to the trade/execution on the chart the strategy is applied to directly from the strategy performance table.

Another option you can exercise, from the trades or executions report you know the date/time of the area of interest, on the chart where the strategy is applied, on the time scroll bar, you can right mouse click and select "Go to..." which then pops-up a small window where you can enter the specific date/time to move the chart to.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Gm PaulH
      thanks for your reply
      May I ask to add this feature in future development of NT ?
      I'm used to checking trades in this way with other platform and find it useful when you have lots of it , i.e select only loss ones -> click on each trade and look what happened.

this is an excerpt :
      HTML Code:
      .....allows the user to visually match the trades from a Strategy Performance Report with their signals on the chart.
      For strategies that have hundreds of trades over a long data series, it may be cumbersome to manually match a trade in the Strategy Performance Report to the chart.
      The user would have to use the scroll button to find the trade in the data series.
      Report-Chart Synchronization simplifies this process. Trades on the chart are automatically highlighted when the user hovers his mouse over a trade in the Strategy Performance Report.
      thanks again

Comment

Hello victorsmith,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, you tried/tested, "From the strategy performance, you can select a trade from the "Trades" display or execution from the "execution" display, right mouse click on the row and select "Chart". this will open a new chart window showing the trade/execution selected." and found that it does not meet your needs?

Comment

Hi PaulH
          it doesn't meet because if i have to analyze 100 trades i have to open 100 chart instead to move on chart where staregy is applied on.
          in 2nd frame of strategy permormance you can select a graph of cumulative profit , and when you click ok a trade it's shown on that graph, would be grat add an option to show there chart with trades.
          thanks

Comment

Hello victorsmith,

Thanks for confirming you tested.

I will create a feature request to connect strategy performance report executions/trades with chart strategy is running on. If the feature request already exists your vote will be added to it. I will update this thread when I have further information.

Comment

Hello victorsmith,

Your vote has been added to the feature request identified as, SFT-3393, "Feature to move crosshairs to execution markers when selecting an order/execution in a grid."
              Please note that a feature request may or may not be implemented and is a means to provide user request to Program management who routinely review these requests.

Thanks for your interesting in improving NinjaTrader.

Comment

I'd like my vote added to SFT-3393 as well! (Wish there was a web page where I could get to that and add my vote without bothering NT8 support). Yes, Multicharts platform displays a report that you can CLICK ON and the chart will automatically GOTO the area of the chart on the ROW that I click on in the report. This would be VERY helpful and save time rather than having to got the TRADES or right click on the TIME BAR and enter all the information in the GOTO... dialog box. Please implement! Thanks!

Comment

Hello wildwex,

Thanks for your post.

Your vote has been added.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes