Playback Today Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback Today Only

How does one do this? I have downloaded the playback file, checked today only,. chose 4/24/2019 in the playback window. Nothing happens.

Today's replay data should be available up to the minute. If you check in Tools > Historical data > Edit tab > Expand market replay > Expand the instrument you downloaded > Do you see today's data listed?

You would download the data for the instrument and today's date, connect to playback, ensure today's date is both the start and end date, and hit play.

I have provided a link below to our YouTube video that provides a brief overview of downloading Market Replay data, connecting to the Playback Connection, and replaying data:To use the Playback Connection you will first need to have data for Market Replay.
    1. Download replay data from the NinjaTrader server.

NinjaTrader offers a limited amount of replay data free to download. Only the most common instruments are currently available.
    To download replay data:
    • Select the Tools menu in the Control Center, select the menu item Historical Data and select "Load" tab. Here the section "Get Market Replay data" can be expanded.
    • Select the instrument and date of the desired replay data and press the OK button to begin the download.
    Please see the following help guide page for more information:

To start playback, first disconnect from any other connections. Connect to the Playback Connection by going to Connections > Playback Connection.

Select the time frame for the Market Replay Data you would like to view. NinjaTrader windows will only display data for instruments and times you have data available.

You can check what data you have available by right clicking on the Playback Connect controls and selecting 'Available data'. Data will only be displayed within the selected time frame.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Market Replay.

Comment

Thanks for the post! When I go through that routine, it comes up with the message "Value must be less than or equal to 4/24/2019 10:59:.59 PM" And "start"in the playback window goes to 04/15/2019,not today. Historical window shows today's date available.

I have tried to fix this by resetting data base but this does not change this behavior. What is going on?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Pete77; 04-24-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

It sounds like you're adjusting either the start or the end date after being connected to playback when you're hitting the message you mention. Depending on what time zone you're in and what data you have available, you may not be able to select the same date for both start and end date. Does this work if you select today for the end date then yesterday for the start date?

Comment

No,that does not work. Whatever I do the playback window goes back to what I attached to previous message: April 15. Something is wrong.

By the way should I set up a separate workspace for playback?

Comment

I agree - something is not working quite right on your end. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
            • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
            • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
            • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2137177 ATTN PatrickG
            It can be a good idea for various reasons to keep a dedicated workspace for live data and a dedicated workspace for playback.

Comment

Thanks very much for the help. Working fine now!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
              Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ScottWalsh