Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Are theses numbers supposed to be different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are theses numbers supposed to be different?

My one hour chart has the orderflow market depth map. Number of contracts at 2924.00 is 115
    My 5 minute chart has the orderflow market depth map. Number of contracts at 2924.00 is 77

Its like this for all the prices...they do not match the number of contracts.

Are these numbers supposed to be the same or different?

Note: It is 8:17 PM EST, so the market is barely moving which allows me to see that these numbers are not the same at all.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. Resetting your instruments should resolve this item.

To reset your instruments, please take the steps below.
    1. First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
    2. Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
    3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
    4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That fixes the problem when it comes to making the market depth map match on the charts. But The numbers on the Super Dom do not match the market depth map, the numbers are way off

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for the oversight, this is expected. The hour chart would be showing the highest market depth at that price level during that hours bar. The 5 min chart would be showing the highest depth at that price level during that 5 minute bar.

Comment

So the numbers on the super DOM are not supposed to match the numbers on the market depth map on the chart? Aren't they supposed to be the same numbers.

My DOM numbers move, while the numbers on the market depth map stay the same. I attached an image so you can see how bad it is.

Comment

Also, the price on the DOM changes before the price on the chart.

Example:

Price on chart is 2927.00
            Price on DOM moves up to 2927.50 while price on chart stays at 2927.00 for a second, then moves.

Comment

Just a huge delay in volume and price on the chart compared to the DOM. Which makes reading the market and taking trades very inaccurate.

Comment

I opened a new chart with no indicators and added the market depth map...still the same issue.

Comment

Here's another screen shot of how different delayed the numbers are. This one shows the cumulative Depth.

Comment

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Include ticket number 2138559 in the body of the email.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
                    Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                    Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

I totally sympathize with Johnny. When the Depth map is set to real-time, it would be infinitely more useful if it correlated with the Super DOM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post

Sorry for the oversight, this is expected. The hour chart would be showing audacity temp mail origin the highest market depth at that price level during that hours bar. The 5 min chart would be showing the highest depth at that price level during that 5 minute bar.

• market depth map match on the charts. But The numbers on the Super Dom do not match the market depth map, the numbers are way off
                        Last edited by WAILITA; 08-09-2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

It is not expected that the Market Depth Map and the SuperDOM would match. The SuperDOM is providing you with real-time level II information while the market depth map is displaying the highest value reached within your bar's interval period.

If the information you've quoted and my above explanation do not explain what you're experiencing, please elaborate on what you believe is not behaving correctly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post jeronymite  
                          Started by bill2023, Today, 08:51 AM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post bill2023