Attach drawing objects to specific charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attach drawing objects to specific charts

Gm, i use 6 charts, 1 candle chart and 1 line chart for every timeframe. So usually i draw a ray (for example) on the line chart and i want to see it also in the candle line of the same timeframe, (not in the other 4 charts). I have understood that i can select to attach it to one single chart or all, and i can deselect the option "show global draw objects" in the data series but in that way i can't see also the ray of the same timeframe. Is there a solution for this problem?

In other softwares, you can select just the timeframes to show that object (example, if i select weekly, i see the ray only in the weekly charts, both candle and line).

Thank You

Hello Vigorunning,

Thank you for the post.

Unfortunately, It's not currently possible to tie a drawing object to an interval and not an instrument.

Additionally, the global drawing objects option only allows you to disable all global drawing objects and not individual objects.

I have submitted these items as feature requests to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Vigorunning,

Thanks for the patience. I am tracking your vote inside an existing feature request for "Selective Global Drawing Objects". The internal tracking number for that feature request is SFT-415. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Hello,

Along the same lines, I have several 15 minute charts in my workspace with the exact same settings/indicators, etc. If I draw a ray on one 15m chart of AMZN, for example, and later pull up AMZN on another 15m chart with the exact settings, is there a way to see the ray there?

Thanks,
        Efrem

Comment

Hello eziv4,

Thank you for your post.

If you would like to see a drawing object on different charts for an instrument you can do this by changing the attach to property of your indicator to the (all charts) option for your selected instrument, "AMZN (All Charts)" for example. To do this:
          • Select your drawing Object and right click on it
          • Select the "Properties" option
          • Change the "Attach to" option to "[INSTRUMENT NAME] (All Charts)"
          • Click OK
          This drawing object should now be visible on all charts with that instrument selected.

For more information on Global Drawing Objects, please visit the link below:
          Please let me know if you need any additional support.

Comment

Hello,

Sorry, I didn't explain that well. If I draw the line on a 15 min chart, I would like it to only show up on that and other 15 min charts. I don't want it to show up on a 5 min or a Daily, for example. Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks,
            Efrem

Comment

Hello Efrem,

Thank you for that clarifiation. There is not currently a feature in NinjaTrader that supports this, however if you'd like I'd be happy to submit this as a feature request just let me know.

To provide context, the main reason we don't do that is because most instruments use vastly different price scales. So most drawing objects would not look the same or be off scale if they were tied to chart interval only.

Please let me know if I can assist with anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by eziv4 View Post
                Hello,

Along the same lines, I have several 15 minute charts in my workspace with the exact same settings/indicators, etc. If I draw a ray on one 15m chart of AMZN, for example, and later pull up AMZN on another 15m chart with the exact settings, is there a way to see the ray there?

Thanks,
                Efrem
                Hello Heath,

As noted above, I am referring to instrument and interval combined. I am aware that drawing a line on a 15m chart of AMZN at $2000 is not going to be relevant on a 15m chart of ROKU at $100.

Yes, please submit this as a feature request. Not having this feature requires you to bring up AMZN on the exact 15m chart that the objects were drawn on. Not realistic with large workspaces across many monitors.

Thanks,
                Efrem

Comment

Hello Efram,

Thank you for the clarification and suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello Efrem,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1337. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Please let me know if we can assist you further.

Comment

Thanks Heath. Much appreciated.

Comment

please add my vote

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

A vote has been added for you to SFT-1337. Thank you for your vote.

Please let me know if we can assist further.

Comment

Another vote for me.

How far is this request?

Comment

Hello Benja400,

A vote has been added for you to SFT-1337. Thank you for your vote.

We are unable to provide a timeline for when or if this feature will be implemented.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                              • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                              • Feasibility
                              • Developer bandwidth
                              • Current projects in the queue
                              • Economics
                              You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Please let me know if we can assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ursavent, Today, 12:54 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ursavent  
                              Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes