Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to customize drawing object for all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to customize drawing object for all?

Hi, i would like to find out the following for Ninja Trader 8.

1. I would like to know if there is a way to customise my drawing (for exp. a rectangle) to a colour and set it as a default to all charts in future? its so painful to do editing on every single item...

2. When i draw a simple horizontal line on chart, can the data (the price) be auto shown near the scale there?

Thanks for assistance.

Cheers.

Hello Vin27,
    Thanks for your post.

1. You mayset the default for your drawing objects by saving a template as "Default" (Note case and spacing are important). To do this:
    • Place your drawing object on the chart (e.g. a rectangle)
    • Click your drawing object to select it then right click again to open the right click menu
    • select properties and set properties you prefer. (Red color, Dash Style, etc).
    • Once you've selected the properties you wish to default your object to, click the template text in the lower right of shape properties, in the Drawing Objects window (see screenshot).
      Click image for larger version

Name:	NT8 - Drawing Objects Template.png
Views:	1394
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1055919
    • In the Options that Fly out, Click the "Save" text (see screenshot).

Name:	NT8 - Drawing Objects Template Save.png
Views:	1492
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1055920
    • In the Save Dialog Box that opens, Enter "Default" then click Save.
    • All rectangles will now default to your defined properties settings.
    For your reference, I've included a link to the help guide section on drawing objects below:
    2. This indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:
    Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you so much. Will try it out.

Thank you

Comment

Hello Vin27,

You're very welcome!

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Happy Trading!

Comment

Is there a way to have a customized list of different rectangle defaults. I use different colors and borders for different setups and would like to quickly choose which default to draw. Same for horizontal lines.
          Thanks for any help on this.

Comment

Hello derivtrader,

Thanks for your comment.

Due to the nature of defaults, you can only have one default set per object, however you could create as many templates as you like and then load those when creating or after creating your objects. To save Drawing Object templates, you may follow the steps above. However, instead of naming your template "Default" you'll want to give it a different unique name.

Once you've done this, To load your template for a drawing object:
            • Place your drawing object on the chart (e.g. a rectangle)
            • Click your drawing object to select it then right click again to open the right click menu
            • select properties and set properties you prefer. (Red color, Dash Style, etc).
            • Once you've selected the properties you wish to default your object to, click the template text in the lower right of shape properties, in the Drawing Objects window.
            • In the Options that Fly out, Click the "Load" text.
            • Select the template you would like to apply.
            • Click OK
            For your reference, I've included a link to the help guide section on drawing objects below:Please let me know if I may answer any additional questions.

Comment

Thanks ..sounds like that will work out. Can do same on NT7?

Comment

Hello derivtrader,
                Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately it's not possible to save drawing object templates in NinjaTrader 7. You may set a specific style as default, but you may only have one default set for each object type. To set a drawing object as default:
                • Place your drawing object on the chart.
                • Select your drawing object then right click on it, to open the right click menu.
                • Select the properties option
                • Set your drawing object settings
                • click "Set Default"
                • click "OK"
                For your reference here is a link to the relevant section of the NinjaTrader 7 Help Guide:
                Please let me know if you have any other additional questions. Happy Trading!

Comment

Hi Heath,

Thanks for the sharing of defaulting the drawing objects. It works

But for the 3rd party add on for the indicator that shows the level, i have download and install as per the video but still it does not show on my chart when i draw out the horizontal lines. Is there some other things that i need to activate it?

Ultimately, i hope that there is a way of showing the levels when using horizontal lines and even fibon retracement...

Also, is there a moving average indicator where is a plain line? cause the only 1 i found is the ribbon...

Thanks and regards.

Last edited by Vin27; 05-04-2019, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Hello Vin27,

Thanks for your reply.

In order to display the labels on horizontal lines you'll need to add the installed indicator to your chart. To do this:
                    • In the Chart window, click the indicators icon in the Chart Toolbar, or right click in the chart and select "indicators".
                    • In the list of the available indicators in the upper left of the Indicators Window, select "LabeledHorizontalLines" (see screenshot). If you don't see this in your list please let me know.

Name:	NT8 - Custom Indicator Labeled Horizontal Lines.png
Views:	1435
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1056244
                    • Click the "add" link in the left column to add it to your chart.
                    • Click OK.
                    This will ensure that any horizontal lines added to the chart have their label displayed as text on the right (see screenshot).

Name:	NT8 - Horizontal Line Label on chart.png
Views:	1435
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1056245

Regarding the indicators, could you give me a bit more information on what you're looking for, and what you mean by a ribbon? A screenshot might be helpful as well.
                    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions
                    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction
                    Thanks, I'll await your reply.

Comment

Great. Problem Solved.

Thanks so much

Comment

Hello Vin27,

Thanks for the update.

You're very welcome! Happy trading!

Comment