Bad USB port causes mouse/crosshair to fail working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad USB port causes mouse/crosshair to fail working

Past week or so, after trading for about ± an hour, the cursor/crosshair freezes and won't move. Data and charts still operate but I can't navigate. CTRL/ALT/DELETE doesn't work and I have to cold boot and start over. Thankfully I've only been doing SIM as I'm testing out a few new ideas. This never happens when surfing the web on Microsoft edge..just on NT8

I've updated my drivers, etc... Anyone from support can help?
    Thanks in advance!

Hello CharlestonGator,

Thank you for your post. Please first check under Help>About to see which release of NinjaTrader 8 you're running. The current release is 8.0.12.0. If you see a different version listed, please upgrade using the instructions below.

First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    Enter your license key and press Submit
    Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
    Select 'Download'
    Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

If you were already running 8.0.12.0, or if after upgrading your issue persists, please let me know.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Micah....yes, I'm running 8.0.12.0 64-bit (Standard). Please advise....Thanks!

Comment

Hello CharlestonGator,

Thank you for your reply.

This could be occurring due to a corrupt workspace. There are multiple reasons why a workspace can become corrupt. One example is when a connection is interrupted while a chart is loading. As factors like these are out of a user's control, we suggest backing up often to have a good restore point.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

* Shut down NinjaTrader
        * Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces
        * Move all of the files in this folder to a new location. For example, you can drag them to the desktop temporarily.
        * Restart NinjaTrader 8 which should start up with a blank workspace
        * Once NinjaTrader has started with just the Control Center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
        * *Please note this new blank workspace will be named Untitled1.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please shut down NinjaTrader, and then drag your previous workspace files from their temporary location back to the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces folder. Then, relaunch NinjaTrader 8, and from the Control Center, click Workspaces, and re open your existing workspace(s).

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace(s), adding 1 instrument/indicator/drawing tool at a time. Please keep track of what instruments/indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what is causing the issue if the issue returns.

I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

If I may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Comment

Thanks Micah--I will try this and get back to you. Thanks again!

Comment

Hello CharlestonGator,

Thank you for your reply and for your understanding on this matter.

I would like to schedule a support call with you , to better understand what might be causing this cross hair issue.

Could you please send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and reference ticket number 1854921?

Thanks again for your patience.

Comment

Thanks Micah for your help. After much investigation....It appears this may be a USB port issue...not a NT8 issue as initially though. Thanks again for all your help!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Micah View Post
              Hello CharlestonGator,

Thank you for your reply and for your understanding on this matter.

I would like to schedule a support call with you , to better understand what might be causing this cross hair issue.

Could you please send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and reference ticket number 1854921?

Thanks again for your patience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post bltdavid  
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes