Interactive Brokers Intraday Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers Intraday Data

Gm, i've connected Ninjatrader to my IB account but i can open just daily, weekly, and monthly charts.
    If I open from 60 minute to 1 minute i can't see nothing. There are no error messages on log activity and i've subscribed data feed on IB today.
    What could be the problem? Thank You

NT8

I've moved your inquiry to its own thread since it was not directly related to the topic you posted under. Moving forward, when you have an inquiry which is not directly related to an existing topic, please post a new topic.

We'll likely need your log/trace files to diagnose this accurately, however, let's see what we can learn on the forums.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 06-19, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      I've moved your inquiry to its own thread since it was not directly related to the topic you posted under. Moving forward, when you have an inquiry which is not directly related to an existing topic, please post a new topic.

We'll likely need your log/trace files to diagnose this accurately, however, let's see what we can learn on the forums.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
      • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
      • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
      • What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 06-19, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
      • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
      8.0.17.2 64-bit
      I'm connected to IB (the connection i've created following your instructions about.
      Stocks, and i don't receive any error message, also in the log window.

Comment

What version of TWS/Gateway are you using?
        Please confirm with Interactive Brokers support that you're subscribed to real-time data (not delayed data). Delayed data will function in TWS but will not function in NinjaTrader.

Comment

What version of TWS/Gateway are you using?
          Please confirm with Interactive Brokers support that you're subscribed to real-time data (not delayed data). Delayed data will function in TWS but will not function in NinjaTrader.
          Build 976.2d, Apr 30, 2019 11:29:28 A
          I confirm i've subscribed real time data this morning, i can see the real time on the daily chart but i can open minutes charts at all.

Thank you.

Comment

Does this issue persist if you use the supported version of TWS (973.2)? Here is a direct download link:

Comment

Does this issue persist if you use the supported version of TWS (973.2)? Here is a direct download link:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad...tion-973-2.exe
              No way. By the way, also daily weekly monthly charts are loading too much slowly.

Comment

Interactive Brokers has relatively slow historical data when compared to other data feeds. These limitations are documented on their website here:

TWS API v9.72: Historical Data Limitations

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
                • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2144921 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Interactive Brokers has relatively slow historical data when compared to other data feeds. These limitations are documented on their website here:

TWS API v9.72: Historical Data Limitations

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
                  • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                  • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                  • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2144921 ATTN Patrick G
                  Done, thank you.

Comment

Have you checked the "days to load"? It has to be set separately for 1 min, 5min, 1 hour, daily, weekly etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Irukandji View Post
                      Have you checked the "days to load"? It has to be set separately for 1 min, 5min, 1 hour, daily, weekly etc...
                      Where? Thank You

Comment

Right click on the chart and select "Data Series"

Then from the options look at "Days to Load" (under the timeframe dropdown menu)

You will see how many days it will load for that particular timeframe.

NT divides them between minutes, days, weeks, months and years.

So if you're on a daily chart and you choose 10, well you will see 10 daily candles.

If you're on a 30 minute chart and you choose 10, you will 10 days worth of 30 minute candles, so about 160 candles.

Comment

Originally posted by Irukandji View Post
                          Right click on the chart and select "Data Series"

Then from the options look at "Days to Load" (under the timeframe dropdown menu)

You will see how many days it will load for that particular timeframe.

NT divides them between minutes, days, weeks, months and years.

So if you're on a daily chart and you choose 10, well you will see 10 daily candles.

If you're on a 30 minute chart and you choose 10, you will 10 days worth of 30 minute candles, so about 160 candles.
                          Thank You.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                          16 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Leafcutter  
                          Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes