Count Number of bars/Time Period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count Number of bars/Time Period

I am trying to count the number of bars created in a Renko chart over X period of time. For example, how many Renko bars are created (on average or over the past time period) within 30 mins duration. Is there a way/indicator to achieve that? I am not a programmer.

Thanks!

Hello kempotrader,
    Thanks for your post.

There is a TickCounter and BarTimer available as a default indicator but not a BarCounter. You may want to search the forum and/or our file sharing section for this. Otherwise, to accomplish this you would need to use some custom programming
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thought so. Thanks

Comment

kempotrader

did you ever overcome this issue ?

I am looking for he same, to alert a trading frenzy when 40 renko bars are printed in less than 30 seconds

Comment

No, DTSSTS. I wound up leaving it behind. Still like the idea though. I have fond success with defining "extended" and waiting for confirmation on a return to the mean. I am a countertrend trader.

Whishing you Success!

kempo

Comment

Thanks for the response, the is a barcounter indicator on the forum which you probably saw

Al Brooks style Bar Counter which places the number of the bar below every other bar starting at 1 for the first bar of each session. You can change the text size, color, place text below or above price bars, change the distance below/above a price bar, show either odd or even numbers.

I cant wrap my head around using with a time value for rapid change in the bar counter

My purpose to count the bars in a very short time period, for example 40 bars in 30 seconds to actually in auto trade program to block trades for a short period of time, I do this with spreads on stocks (not counting bars) which could be used but on MNQ for example the norm is 2 3 tick spread, but spikes to 6-9 are common, but general are only on 1 intrabar renko type bar and NOT multiple bars

good trading

Comment

Good morning--

I had not seen that bar counter (or don't remember it). Jigsaw has a Pace of Trade gauge that might do the trick. It would be expensive to find out if it's what you're looking for, though. It's specific to time and sales, not any bar type.

I'm actually going live with MNQ this morning. That sucker moves! I like the short duration trades.

Comment

short duration as well here, Tepper really moves markets

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Just want to confirm, you are looking for a finished importable product and you are not inquiring about information of how to count bars in an unlocked NinjaScript indicator, is this correct?
                  Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i am looking to add code to my strategy to count bars (renko type brick driven) in a short time frame, possible comparing time of last 40 bars being in that very short time value comparision

Comment

I'd be very interested if that became available.

Btw... My live MNQ opening trade had a duration of 14sec...lol So fast.

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Would you like to move this conversation to the NinjaTrader 8 Strategy Development section of the forum?

A bar number can be found with the time with Bars.GetBar().

You can subtract to get the number of bars.
                        Bars.GetBar(endBarTime) - Bars.GetBar(startBarTime)

Or you can have an integer that counts on each bar close (or when IsFirstTickOfBar) is true to count the number of bars since some condition was true.
                        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks i will work with that endBarTime to see what i can get, looks promising

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post jeronymite  
                          Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post frankthearm