Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Trader Back with ?'s

Hi guys and gals,

I use to trade with NT years ago. Just leased it. I m debating trading again. With a sim account can you use chart trader and st up ATM for sim? I am trying to get my original strategy back together and back test it a bit before I jump in. Also, is there yet a way to scan the US equities market with Kinetick that works with NT?

TIA

Yes, ATM strategies are available with a leased license key. You have no obligation to actually place live trades - a sim account would not limit any NinjaTrader functionality. Here is a link with more information on ATMs in NinjaTrader 8:What do you mean when you say "scan the... market" exactly? Please elaborate on what exactly NinjaTrader would be doing.

Comment

Thanks Patrick, I am not leasing now. I want to recreate my old ATM chart trader strategy in Sim, then purchase a lifetime license this time . So I can do that with SIM? I am unable to see chart trader in nt7. in nt8 I see it but am not ale to find the "custom" to create.

Also, I have a few CS file indicators. Where do I paste them to load for NT indicators?

TIA

Comment

Yes, you can configure ATMs with a simulation license key.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
        • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
        • What is your NinjaTrader license Key? You will find this under Help -> License Key
        I would recommend that you watch/read the links I provided in my previous message. This will guide you on how to create an ATM strategy on NinjaTrader 8.

NinjaScript does not transfer directly into NinjaTrader 8. The code would need to be modified for use with NinjaTrader 8. If you're a programmer, I would suggest that you post in the NinjaScript sub-forums for assistance, or contact us via email. If you're not a programmer, I would recommend reaching out to the developer of your add-ons to see if they have a version for use with NinjaTrader 8. Alternatively, you could search for NinjaTrader 8 add-ons for use from our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

I am running nt7 1000.40

None of my indicators I need transfer to nt8 and I am not looking to make huge investments. I am trying to get back into trading. I had indicators I use working last night and today, and now they just completely stopped plotting out of the blue for no reason. Maddening.

My key is: @SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952

Comment

Is there enough days to load on your chart? Indicators need a minimum amount of historical bars (usually 20 or so). If you increase your chart's 'days to load', do the indicators function? Right-click on your chart > Data series > Days to load.

Comment

Okay, I got chart trader working in nt7. Not sure what happened with the indicator. It tells me where in it's daily range a stock is and allows me to us MA to look for things only trading near their . I created it myself back in the day and it always worked. It was working last night. It really does not need much data but my data is looking back 15 days I moved it to 30 with no luck:

double myValue = ((CurrentDayOHL().CurrentHigh[0] - Close[0]) / (CurrentDayOHL().CurrentHigh[0] - CurrentDayOHL().CurrentLow[0])) * -100;

Plot0.Set(myValue);

Comment

Please post this in the NinjaScript sub-forums so a NinjaScript technician may assist you with your indicator.

Comment

well now it is woking out of the blue. Okay I will.. Real quick, how do I add CS files for indicators into NT7?

Comment

Please keep in mind that forums are NinjaTrader version specific. You've posted in the NinjaTrader 8 sub-forums but are now asking NinjaTrader 7 questions. Please make sure to post new topics in the appropriate sub-forums when you have new questions. Alternatively, you could contact us via email:

If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, or want to open an account, we're here to help. Click here to find the appropriate contact for your needs!

Although it is preferred that you have the original .zip file, you can import .cs files through the following instructions.
                    • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator.
                    • Copy the .CS File in this directory.
                    Next, you will need to compile the indicator and check for errors.

Follow the instructions to compile the indicator. Note that you will not see your new indicator listed until after you compile your indicators. You will first need to select an existing indicator and compile these from there. This is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
                    • Open NinjaTrader.
                    • From the Control Center select the Tools> Edit NinjaScript> Indicator.
                    • Select ANY indicator and press 'OK'.
                    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
                    • If no errors appear, the import should be complete

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ScottWalsh  
                    Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes