Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Any way to enable another instrument in chart trader without adding it to the chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to enable another instrument in chart trader without adding it to the chart?

Would really like to trade the micros off of the mini chart, but when I add the micro it messes up the mini chart (empty places appear between bars, current bar constantly jumps sideways and back, etc.)

Hello katana,
    Thanks for your post.

You would only be able to trade the primary instrument panel on the chart through Chart Trader.

In regards to the gaps, what you are seeing is likely the limited data that is available for the new instrument and NinjaTrader is trying to scale everything to be as equal as possible. You can get rid of those gaps by switching the charts to a time based interval so that each bar is uniform. I would expect to see what you described with any sort of tick based chart.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshG; 05-06-2019, 11:39 AM.
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well that is a bummer on the trading but these aren't price gaps these are empty horizontal spaces the width of a bar that is just blank. I'll record some of it for you later, but is not expected behavior at all - it is a complete mess.
      Last edited by katana; 05-06-2019, 10:01 AM.

Comment

katana,

I am not referring to price gaps. I am referring to gaps on the X-Axis.

I look forward to reviewing your screenshot.

Comment

I've got the trading working in SIM, and I think it should be fine live, but I haven't tried it yet. I've got to two data series, ES & MES, both in panel one. I've made the MES essentially invisible on the chart by making the bars transparent and I now have a dropdown of both instruments in chart trader, so I select MES and then I place orders on the ES chart. When I switch to my live account I can still select either instrument - just need to prove it out with a live trade.

I managed to settle the chart down somewhat by disabling auto scale and increasing my bar width on the visible chart. Some of the printed bars overlap a bit, and the current bar still jumps back and forth horizontally but I am getting closer to something workable.

I see what you mean now about the tick charts vs time charts and that behavior, but I find it odd that it also occurs when the charts are in separate panels as well - I guess I don't understand how the panels are intended to work. Anyway...

If I could request a feature: An option to not plot any chart data on a selected instrument within a single panel but still enable chart trader with both instruments in the panel. Essentially the visible chart of the first instrument wouldn't be altered at all by the 2nd instruments data. Before today I would have never thought about it, but it would be excellent for the ES/MES combo we now have available, and probably the other micro combos as well.

Thanks.

Comment

katana,

Thanks for the feedback. I am tracking your vote inside the feature request for adding a "Visible property for a chart series". The internal tracking number for that feature request is SFT-1414. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Is there a way to develop this thing through ninjascript?
              Where can i see ninjascript documentation about that?

Comment

Hello ClFil,

We apologize for a delayed response here. Old forum threads are not tracked with our notification system so replies to older threads may take longer to receive a response.

It would be possible with NinjaScript to create a multi time frame strategy, or a multi time frame indicator that uses AddOn Framework code to submit orders to a programmatically added instrument.

Multi Time Frame and Instruments - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nstruments.htm

It is also possible to create WPF modifications to window elements, so you can, for example, add trade controls to Chart Trader for the added instrument.

Modifications to chart WPF elements and tab considerations - NinjaTrader Support Forum

AddOn Development overview - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_overview.htm

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
                JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JoshG View Post
                  katana,

Thanks for the feedback. I am tracking your vote inside the feature request for adding a "Visible property for a chart series". The internal tracking number for that feature request is SFT-1414. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm
                  Upvote SFT-1414

Comment

Thanks for the feedback NickyD,

Your vote has been added.
                    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                    11 responses
                    0 likes