Market Analyzer Background Change Only Working Correctly The 1st Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer Background Change Only Working Correctly The 1st Time

Hi there, I've just noticed a problem with my market analyzer. The change to 'grid background' is only taking effect on the first change. Any subsequent change only seems to affect the first column.

steps for me to reproduce:
    connect to sim
    open MA
    load some instruments
    change grid background
    change it again

In my attached image it shows a particularly buggy situation. I had first loaded 2 symbols to test it (the top 2) then changed to a pink background, then changed again to verify the background would not change (it did not). Then I added the other symbols. Changing background colour now works correctly on the new symbols, but the rows of the original 2 stocks are stuck.

----------

Also is there a way to add horizontal gridlines in the MA through an addon? I google searched and saw a beautiful MA with gradient shaded rows. Thought somone had properly fixed this grave 'flaw', but when I clicked it was a link to a forum post here..... and it was made by me over 3 years ago when first complaining about the issue pretty funny.

An addon would give more flexibility as the hacky gradient brush method locks you into the certain colour that you programmed into that brush. If I had gridlines enabled in an addon then I could just use the grid background colour to change the colour of rows without the need to go into xml file and edit/make more brushes.

I've no doubt you won't be able to reproduce the issue (something this broken would have been found ages ago) so if you have any ideas as to what's causing it that would be nice.

I first thought it was a bug with my skin since I've changed a handful of rows in the xml file, but I tried a totally different skin and this problem still happens.

Thanks for your ideas.

Hello anon84,

Thank you for the post.

I was unable to see what you had described with the MA window myself, this could be caused by something running in the window or something otherwise running in the platform. This could also be due to a template, have you saved any templates for the MA window? If you had set a default or created a template, you may try removing it to see if that helps. You can find the template and defaults in the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\MarketAnalyzer. Outside of this observation, I would likely suggest testing a clean user folder test to confirm this is not related to something imported. You can also try using Safe Mode for this, I will provide steps for that below.

For the lines in the grid, I don't see a way this could be done with an addon specifically. This is likely something that would need to be done by editing a skin as that is what controls the colors of the windows. I looked through the skin file but do not see a specifically named property for the market analyzer and its gridlines. I will need to put in a feature request on this item to have this exposed with the other general color settings in the MA window.

You can track the grid lines feature request using the id: SFT-3981

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
    • Exit NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 05-09-2019, 02:14 PM. Reason: add feature tracking id
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse thanks for the suggestions.

Had no MA templates. Tried safe mode and the issue was still there. Decided to install this new version that you released yesterday, and surprisingly it still had the same issue! But... I had an idea to try the 32bit exe... the problem was solved :-o Just a shame I don't want to use the 32bit version.

Any ideas what could cause it only on the 64bit version?

Thanks

Comment

Hello anon84,

Thank you for your reply.

I was previously unable to see this, however, after restarting to try the 32 bit I switched back to 64bit and I can see what you have described happening. Now that I can see this, I will report this to development for further review.

Comment

oh, sorry that I caused you to break your 64bit version ;-)

Thanks for confirming.

Comment

Hello anon84,

You can track this with the tracking number: 13722

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes