Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup Files in a Non-Compileable state

Hello.

I was trying to backup NT7 and before it started to back up it gave me a error warning that the ninja script files are in a non-compileable state. I attached a screenshot of the error message.

What can I do so that error message does not appear upon backing up ?

Thank you in advance
    Attached Files
    Last edited by denalek2419; 02-26-2018, 02:24 PM.

Hello denalek2419,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

For NinjaTrader 7:
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select ANY indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please post a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok .I did that and got a error message which I screenshotted and attached it below. Bu t I do not know how to correct it. It has a line /column of zero. and the error is "Nt7/bin/Custom/Ninjatrader.Vendor.dll could not be found" How do I correct this.

Thank you in advance

Comment

Hello denalek2419,

Thank you for your response.

The compile error you are seeing in the NinjaScript Editor indicates you are missing references to .DLL files in your installation or the .DLL files do not exist in your installation. Please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.
        • From the Control Center please select New--> NinjaScript Editor
        • In the NinjaScript Editor please right click and select References.
        • In the Reference window look for the .DLL file reference in the compile error by name (in the error the file name has a .cs at the end)
        • If you see the .DLL file reference please left click on the reference and select Remove
        • If you removed the reference in the previous step or you do not see the .DLL file reference then please select Add
        • The Add option will open a File Explorer, from the path that was opened please locate the .DLL file
        • If you find the .DLL please left click to select it and then select Open--> then select OK in the References window--> then right click in the NinjaScript Editor--> select Compile
        • If you do not find the .DLL in the File Explorer please close the File Explorer and References windows--> then navigate to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom on your PC--> and delete the .cs file referenced in the compile error--> then right click in the NinjaScript Editor--> Compile

If you would like assistance with the steps provided please send us a note at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a reference to this thread in the body of the email and we can setup a remote assistance session with one of our techs.

Comment

Success. It works. Thank you much for your assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post ScottWalsh  
          Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes