• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic 'Trend Lines' indicator - feature requests

Hello,

To be able to manually remove individual lines
    To be able to manually adjust individual lines

Kind regards & many thanks
    Last edited by brucerobinson; 05-08-2019, 04:46 AM.

Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post
    To be able to manually remove individual lines
    To be able to manually adjust individual lines
    If you left click and select any trend line.. then right click for Context Menu.. then left click Lock (to unlock)..You can now move trend line anyway you'd like

You should also be able to accomplish this via code, but not with the default indicator.. You'll have to make a copy..

NinjaTrader Help Guide provides sample of how this can be done using the DrawObjects IsLocked property..

(hint) If you just assign the objects lock property when it's drawn, you shouldn't need to iterate thru all..

To Allow Removal of Draw Objects drawn from within a script, refer to this Help Guide sample..

-=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

Glad to assist. The tracking ID for this request is SFT-2387. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. Our Help Guide Release Notes will also list all new changed or additions to NinjaTrader (Help > Help).

Please let me me know if I may be of any further assistance.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks to both.

Edge:

Re: manual adjust - marvelous (I first tried to remove a line, and when it wouldn't play ball without removing the script, and then also wouldn't allow me to adjust it either, it was enough to bring me to a premature halt - this pesky thing is not going to co-operate with me and looked no further...)

My coding and Ninjascript knowledge is weak. Am I correct in understanding I can simply edit the code where you've directed me, change default Lock to default Unlocked, and Allow User to Remove from default False to True, save & compile. And Bob will become my Uncle? All lines the script draws will then be both adjustable and able to be deleted by the User by default?
        I think I can stretch myself to that.
        If so, marvelous, I can see it actually being really useful with those restrictions removed!
        So kind of you.

Kind regards,

Comment

Edge: Am I correct in understanding I can simply edit the code where you've directed me
          Hadn't looked close at their code.. but couple additional steps required to copy that particular script..

Take a look at this one.. default trendlines indy modified for user config of Lock and Removal..

Copy cs file to Indicators folder while Editor is open.. Indy name will be TrendLines2

I suggest a program like winMerge to view each script side by side and compare what I've done..

WinMerge is an Open Source differencing and merging tool for Windows. WinMerge can compare both folders and files, presenting differences in a visual text format that is easy to understand and handle.

Caution When Using this scripts alert settings: Actually I would suggest NOT using, when using either Unlock or Removal..

The scripts running code is not going to know when or where you've moved or deleted a trendline..
          It will continue running as if all originally plotted trendlines are present and in their original place..

Also note.. Anytime you refresh/reload your chart/data, you will loose any modifications you've made..

Best of Luck!

Attached Files
          -=Edge=-

Comment

Many thanks again Edge for taking the time, & the 'heads up' re: consequences on alerts and of chart refresh - I understand, but wouldn't have thought....
            Acceptable limitations, however.
            I think I'll need to find a darkened room & large glass of the good stuff before I start analysing code
            Keeps the old synapses firing though.
            Kind regards,
            Bruce

Comment

Feature Improvement Request - Nice to have the auto trend line - and the check box to send alert

the Alert message should include the current price when the trigger goes out

if you are drawing more that 1 trendline they should all trigger alerts if broken

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Thank you for your post. Thank you for your feedback. The tracking ID for this request is SFT-4000. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. Our Help Guide Release Notes will also list all new changed or additions to NinjaTrader (Help > Help).

Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post

I suggest a program like winMerge to view each script side by side and compare what I've done..

WinMerge is an Open Source differencing and merging tool for Windows. WinMerge can compare both folders and files, presenting differences in a visual text format that is easy to understand and handle.

Edge, Hi. is winmerge safe to use? I noticed the downloaded zip folder includes a few .dll files which seem not being quite open source.

Thanks.

Comment

#Edge - penny hadn't dropped that you'd actually 'done the job' as it were. Doh!
                    I just went to compare the code and see what I needed to do from your earlier guidance and realised the job's done :-)

I understand what you've done, but wouldn't have had a clue what was required myself.

It just allows that element of discretion, should one so wish. Look forward to giving it a try :-)

Very generous of you.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
                      Edge, Hi. is winmerge safe to use? I noticed the downloaded zip folder includes a few .dll files which seem not being quite open source.Thanks.
                      hmmmmm... don't seem to be receiving email notifications anymore..

@aligator

Guess I can't 100% vogue for that! as not sure anything is truly safe anymore!

But I can say it's been one of my few GoTo Tools, that I've used regularly for many years..

I believe they provide the source so you can compile your on version if you prefer..

and/or I'm sure there are similar products.. Just not familiar with any of the others..

-=Edge=-

Comment

#Edge - It just allows that element of discretion, should one so wish. Look forward to giving it a try :-) Very generous of you.
                        I'm a definite believer in: Choices are Rarely a Bad Thing! (It's Temptation that will Get You! lol)

Good Luck!

-=Edge=-

Comment

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post

It's Temptation that will Get You!

Good Luck!

I can resist anything but temptation

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
                            Hello DTSSTS,

Thank you for your post. Thank you for your feedback. The tracking ID for this request is SFT-4000. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. Our Help Guide Release Notes will also list all new changed or additions to NinjaTrader (Help > Help).

hey guys! anyone know how to generate trendline cross signals in the Market Analyzer with this indicator?

Comment

Hello Silent Warrior,

This indicator adds drawing objects which require a chart, and does not use plots in a traditional way to make it possible to use it in the Market Analyzer.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
                              JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post usazencort  
                              Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                              5 responses