crashed and lost everything before open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crashed and lost everything before open

3 minutes before market open and your platform crashes - when I re-open, it's only showing the control panel.

Great software guys.

5 minutes after the open........ charts still "loading"............... great stuff guys.
    Attached Files

Comment

10 minutes in... decided to close NT and just re-open it to speed things up. It once again starts asking me to save multiple version of workplaces (what??) just say "yes to all - when I re-open.. it opens the broken version,. and when i try to restore, now there are 2 restore folders to choose from and its wiped over the last good workspace with the new broken workspace - fantastic design there guys.

So open an even older version of workspace.. and still not loaded... almost 15 minuet into the open.... brilliant!
      Attached Files

Comment

You frequently post on the forums with issues that are unique to your system, we try to follow up via email, but those conversations consistently fizzle out. While I can understand your frustrations with what you're experiencing, we can't fully resolve an issue if we do not communicate effectively.

Not all users are experiencing this symptom. We need to learn more about your PC and your NinjaTrader to permanently resolve this issue.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so I may assist you. Include a link to this forum post and "2150200 ATTN PatrickG" in the message, as well as your log and trace files.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to Documents > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

Both - I have experienced the latter part i.e. 'after the crash' interminable loading many times. I know the frustration well.
          My recommendation is to not save any changes to Workspaces, and to delete or move your "_workspaces" file in the Ninja Workspaces Folder before restarting after it crashed, so Ninja creates a clean one..

It doesn't help determine why it crashed, and it doesn't fix your workspaces if broken, but it does alleviate the frustration of interminable unnecessary & fruitless waiting for it to load where it left off - where it broke!

Kind regards,

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
            You frequently post on the forums with issues that are unique to your system, we try to follow up via email, but those conversations consistently fizzle out. While I can understand your frustrations with what you're experiencing, we can't fully resolve an issue if we do not communicate effectively.
            I highly doubt that. Sometimes I don't follow up because either I'm bored of having to continually deal with these probelms / solutions / problems / solutions or I just find a way to fix it myself and live with the fact that NT is pretty unreliable.

(as can be seen by other users chiming in, not unique to me, but thanks anyway)

Comment

PS - how you've chosen to design your "system" is obviously 100% the choice of NT. If it were mine, it would be designed differently, far better of course. There are so many basic and obviously useful features absent from NT which even free internet platforms give for free, it boggles the mind. And then when you guys do make a release, it contains things like "now you can have a photo of your dog as the background on your charts!" yeah that's really great to know that's the kind of stuff you guys are working on tirelessly behind the scenes instead of something like, oh I don't know, volume printing correctly on stock charts, perhaps?

Just a thought.

Comment

Yeah... so now I close down NT, and I have to close 5 (!!!) versions of the workspace?? So r3tard3d.

Comment

This is what I face now since the programme crashed before market open - why do I have 5 workspaces I have to close now every time I shut down the programme? I'm just going to delete the ones which aren't active.God knows what they are... so annoying!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

These workspaces exist because you've used the workspace restore tool multiple times. Please visit the link below to learn more about the restore tool and also how to manage workspaces:

For a permanent solution to the symptoms you're reporting, we need you to help us help you. Please follow my instructions to reach out to us via email in my original reply.

Comment

Here's my suggestion for your development team:

1. Once a workspace is set-up just how you like it, you can save it as a Master Template and give it a unique name, like "Equities, 2 monitors".
                      2. This template NEVER changes, unless you save over it with updates, MANUALLY.
                      3. That way, you always know you have a perfect clean version of your workspace without needing to "restore" some random iteration from the past.
                      4. When the day ends and you close your workspace, Ninjatrader AUTOMATICALLY saves (auto-saves) it exactly how you have left it - drawn a line on the chart? It will be there when you open next time. Removed a study? It won't be there when you open next time...
                      5. No message asking if you want to save every time you close, it just saves it as is without prompting.
                      6. If by chance you shut down after having accidentally removed a chart for example, ans when you reopen the chart is missing, you have two options - open the version just prior to the one you shut down with the chart accidentally removed (similar to a restore) or go to your Master Template and reload that.

7. Simple and clean. No random multiple workspaces with God knows what settings on them. No annoying message always asking if you want to save your changes (we don't always know)

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. While I can understand your point of view here, I'd like to elaborate on what NinjaTrader is designed to do and why it functions the way it does currently.

Point #1 and #2 are exactly how workspaces currently function unless there is something unexpected occurring. There is something unexpected occurring on your end that is causing this to not function properly. You need to follow my recommendations to contact us so we can find a permanent solution for you.

Point #3 mentions the restore function - this restore function is meant to be a solution for when something is inadvertantly lost (like closing a chart then saving the workspace), or when unexpected symptoms are occurring.

Point #4 and point #5 are also related. We purposefully do not have an auto-save for the same reasons we have the restore feature in point #3. If you make an undesired change to your workspace, we like to give our clients multiple ways to return to their previously saved workspace. One of these ways is closing the workspace and choosing 'No' when asked to save.

Point #6 is covered by the features mentioned in point #3, 4, and 5.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post bmartz
                        by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes