Alerts log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerts log

I am beginning to migrate from to NT8. Does 8 alerts log designate which chart (not just instrument) triggered alert? I use the same indicator with alerts on multiple chart types and timeframes for an instrument and want to know which chart generated the alert.
    Thanks

Hello derivtrader,

Thanks for your post.

The alerts log would only provide a column that identifies the source, which you can filter for types like Chart, Ninjascript, Market analyzer, etc.

With the chart alerts themselves, you can add to the message field of the alert any number of items as well as your own custom text. Please see the screenshot that shows the drop down of prebuilt selections. You add as many of these as you wish in addition to your own text which you can use to help clarify the chart source.

Click image for larger version

Name:	derivtrader-1.PNG
Views:	417
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1056596
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Paul..So, if I understand correctly, the alerts log will not tell which exact chart (i.e. es 5 min) triggered the alert because its generated by ninjascript? So the alerts log will only designate in source column "ninjascript"?

Comment

continued..So If I am using an indicator in multiple charts for the same instrument that in its properties has an alert toggle on/off with a sound alert file, NT 8 will not designate which chart triggered that alert?

Comment

Hello derivtrader,

Thanks for your reply.

Correct, The alert log column "source" would only show the source as Ninjascript.

Like chart Alerts though, in the Alert() method you can construct the text of the message to provide further information available to you through Ninjasctipt methods and properties to help identify any way you wish.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes