Collapse

Indicator - PriorDayOHLC - add more features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Te problem now is this Current Day OHL indicator - I can't get it show different levels for pre-makret and RTH.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CDOHL_open.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	1058650

Name:	CDOHL_open_02.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	1058651

Comment

Well... I guess NT are on holiday early!

Comment

You've been setting up something another forum user recommended, so I assumed you were speaking to that user.

We've been speaking at great detail via email about some of the expected limitations of what you're trying to accomplish.

I have no opinion about what bruce recommended - you'll need to wait for his response if his recommendation isn't working for you.

Comment

No... I just now encounter a "new problem" that's still part of the old problem, it has nothing to do with Bruce.

Can you explain why/how to get two instances of the indicator "Current Day OHL" working on the same chart, for different data series inputs?

One for pre-market hours.

One for the regular trading hours.

I've tried everything so far, nothing works.

Comment

In the future, if you have a new issue, please start a new thread or write in an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. This will ensure speedy response time and also that your new issue is not lost in the midst of other inquiries.

Please follow up with our email conversation as what you're reporting will be easier to comprehend in that context - perhaps another remote session will make it a quick and easy diagnosis.

Comment

'My' solution isn't a 'recommendation', it is simply use of a platform capability as proposed by NinjaTrader and the only way I am aware of to achieve what the OP seeks to achieve.

It is somewhat convoluted to achieve, but I have done so in practice and with success working reliably. Hence I shared, being the community-spirited soul that I am.

If NinjaSupport knows of an alternative solution which it recommends in preference, then I would certainly appreciate it being brought to my attention.

The solution to the 'stair-stepping' line is in choice of line style iirc (not at my Platform, don't recall which one).

#OP - FYI, Harry Fat Tails Lizard OHL Indicators can give you ETH & RTH together I believe. Not sure if can be tinkered into giving Pre-market but uses same approach of adding a Data Series with Custom Trading Hours iirc. Might be less work if you get frustrated. Can be found at NT EcoSystem or at Futures.io. I used Harry's indicators on NT7 and are highly regarded. However I adopted a policy of no third-party tools when starting out with 8, so can't tell you more.

RE: 'Wrong' Open - Look at where the Open line originates - it is the first candle after the vertical dotted line to the RHS of your screen. There's your clue. It will be to do with either your Custom Trading Hours templates and/or your Session Breaks and/or your Data Series' End of Day Settings i.e. what value is the indicator taking from where for the Open? It is taking the first price after your vertical Session Break line. Now all you have to do is figure out why, & correct it so that the OHL indicator attached to the Data Series with the Day Session Custom Trading Hours template shows the Open of the RTH Day Session (if that is what you're after).

Told you it was rather convoluted :-)
              Last edited by brucerobinson; 05-25-2019, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post

I used Harry's indicators on NT7 and are highly regarded. However I adopted a policy of no third-party tools when starting out with 8, so can't tell you more.
                Why did you make this decision Bruce?

Comment

NT8 is a new product and hence likely to have teething troubles.

NinjaTrader says the vast majority of problems are caused by third-party products. Hence to eliminate that possibility.
                  IIRC, at the time Harry was still having some issues migrating his products to 8.

I was not aware of the (NinjaTrader) solution #guidoisot pointed you to, no-one at Ninja pointed me to it when I asked how to achieve this. If it does do what I need it seems it would be far far simpler as that is all I want - High and Low of a Session. I suppose you might get Open and Close using exact times, or a second apart.
                  Last edited by brucerobinson; 05-26-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irukandji View Post
                    Te problem now is this Current Day OHL indicator - I can't get it show different levels for pre-makret and RTH.

I coded this one it has start time of regular hour and start time of pre market hour for op, H, L and mid. You may want to put it on 30m chart to check out its accuracy first.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks nkhoi, but I'm not a programmer and don't know how to utilize c# files... every 3rd party indicator I've installed so far comes a ZIP file, which NT recognizes when I try to import them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks nkhoi, but I'm not a programmer and don't know how to utilize c# files... every 3rd party indicator I've installed so far comes a ZIP file, which NT recognizes when I try to import them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
                        2 easy steps

1) copy .cs file to NT8 folder - \Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators\
                        2) re-import any zip file you imported successfully before (the import process will trigger compilation of all .cs file).

look for midsessionline in your indicator list

Name:	2019-05-27_0834.png
Views:	236
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1058854
                        Last edited by nkhoi; 05-27-2019, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Hi Nkhoi

Can you explain what all the Plot options mean?

Name:	MidSeshIndi.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	1058970

Also, I changed to 4-hour (240 minutes) and it's displaying differently - is this a setting I should change?

Name:	MidSeshIndi_02.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	744.5 KB
ID:	1058971

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Nkhoi

Can you explain what all the Plot options mean?

Name:	MidSeshIndi.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	1058970

Also, I changed to 4-hour (240 minutes) and it's displaying differently - is this a setting I should change?

Name:	MidSeshIndi_02.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	744.5 KB
ID:	1058971

Thanks!
                            the first 2 plots are used for current mid line, O = Overnight, Y = Yesterday

the 240m chart is very cluster since I highlight bar that starts RTH, and bar that starts OTH. Also the texts fo 240m is too far away, change text offset value to 1 should fix it.
                            here is the new version that has option to turn bar time marker off and also plotting for current day only, that way your 240m will look cleaner
                            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes