Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer

Dear Support

In the Market Analyzer I opened some columns for having a faster overview. Now I like to ad another column as indicator (I'm using the indicator I programmed in the chart) with following result to show in the Market Analyzer - I send you the condition only I use.

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
    {
    if (BarsInProgress != 0)
    return;

if (CurrentBars[0] < 1)
    return;

// set 1
    if ((MACD1.Default[0] >= MACD1.Avg[0])
    && (RSI1.Default[0] >= 50))
    {
    BarBrush = Brushes.LimeGreen;
    }

This code works very fine in the chart and will color the bar as LimeGreen but in the Market Analyzer it does not work. I see no LimeGreen Background as I defined in the cell condition. Why does not work in Market Analyzer?

Thanks for your help.
    Best
    Markus

Hello FutureTrade,

Thanks for your post.

The indicators bar brush or plot color would not color the market analyzer cells.

The Market Analyzer can only provide simple single value condition evaluations and would not be able to perform if ((MACD1.Default[0] >= MACD1.Avg[0])
    && (RSI1.Default[0] >= 50)).

What you can do is to add a plot to the indicator for input to the Market Analyzer. This can be a transparent plot so that it does not change the indicators current functionality.
    You can set the value of the plot to be 0 when the condition is not true and then set it to a +1 when it is true and if you have an opposite condition you could then set the plot to be a -1. In the Market Analyzer, when you add the indicator column and select the indicator, you would then be able to select the transparent plot and can then work with the values of +1, 0 and -1 in the cell conditions to color the cells as you wish and/or present text.

I've previously posted on how to do this, in a short video, in this forum thread: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...-analyzer-sort
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Paul
      Thank you very much. I saw the video right now and will try to make the programming. I feel with this instructions, I should be able to do it by my self. Very appreciated.
      Best
      Markus

Comment

Dear Paul
        Now it works very well with your suggestion and your video. Highest appreciated.
        Best
        Markus

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM
        1 response