database error on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

database error on startup

Error: Unable to connect to the DB. The database file is larger than the configured maximum database size. This setting takes place on the first concurrent database connection only. [Required Max Database Size (in MB; 0 if unknown) = 257]

How do i fix this and why does the database have a max size?

Hello gordongekko,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

I checked the trace files and it looks like one of my strategies was spamming orders and had some issue that probably increased the database beyond that maximum size.Before I send in everything wouldn't it be more efficient to just erase the old database and create a new one and then if this becomes a recurring issue deal with it at that time? If so, what exactly does this database hold besides order data(which i have no issue erasing) and how do i create a new file so i can actually launch it successfully.

I'm assuming this is the database file: NinjaTrader.sdf

I see there is an old one in there so I'm guessing if I rename this a new one will be created on startup. Please confirm.
      Last edited by gordongekko; 02-27-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Hello gordongekko,

Thank you for the reply.

The database file contains items like Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, and saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results.

To create a new database file, we advise that you rename your database using the following steps :

Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
        Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
        Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
        Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise running regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...up_archive.htm

Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.

Comment

I tried that and it launched just fine. Can you confirm what exactly is stored in that file for future reference.

Comment

Hello gordongekko,

The items I've previously mentioned are all of the client-specific pieces of the database file that one may want to backup.

Comment

Crashing!

Earlier I was using NT7 and it worked smooth on my Win 10 PC. However upon upgrading to NT8 today whenever I will open the software it will simply load a black screen and crash itself after few seconds. Any solution ??

Update: I have to uninstall the software and reinstall it and it has been working normally again.

Arjun Dixit
              https://showbox.onl/ https://mobdro.one/ https://dltutuapp.com/
              Last edited by dixitarjun; 03-08-2018, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Hello dixitarjun,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Earlier I was using NT7 and it worked smoothly on my Win 10 PC. However upon upgrading to NT8 today whenever I will open the software it will simply load a black screen and crash itself after few seconds. Any solution ??
                  attack on titan English dub
                  Mob Pyscho 100 Season 3
                  Last edited by JohhyCarls; 04-18-2021, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by financestudent
                    How can I avoid this database error and proceed with my NinjaTrader task, I should do my homework and compare the data for a final assignment in my finance sheets.
                    Hello,

This solution helped me: change your connection string and add Max Database Size = 4091.

If it doesn't work, I think you need to send your log and trace files from NinjaTrader to a customer service representative: Control Center >> Help >> Email Support in NinjaTrader

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by itrader46, Today, 09:04 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post itrader46  
                    Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes