how to enter a MIT (hidden?) order with strategy builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to enter a MIT (hidden?) order with strategy builder

Please can anyone explain/show how one can insert with the strategy builder a MIT order when a condition is true? In this example I understand the price to be "touched" should be the last tick price when the condition became true.
    If one does not have tick data available, but only minute data (IB data feed) is it still possible to use a MIT order as wished in this example?
    If I noticed correctly, when this sample strategy is active and when it opens a new position, this condition triggers immediately a stop limit order.
    I would like to use MIT order (ie a hidden order) for avoiding outstanding (and therefore visible) limit orders.
    Thanks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	How to insert a hidden-MIT  order .jpg Views:	1 Size:	131.1 KB ID:	1056898
    Last edited by guidoisot; 05-10-2019, 04:55 AM.

Hello guidoisot,

Thank you for your reply.

You could certainly set this order to the last close price; you can do this by clicking Set as you hover over that field then select the appropriate value from the Value window. However, this means that it's likely that your MIT order would be triggered immediately since that's most likely still the current price when this order gets placed. I'm unsure in your case why you'd want to use a MIT order instead of just a market order to exit if you're wanting to exit at the price that the condition became true at. Could you please clarify exactly what you're looking to have happen when the condition is true?

As far as triggering the MIT, real time data will simulate the order trigger which fires the MIT. This is not to be confused with historical tick data, which, you're correct, IB does not supply.

Here's a quick example of how I would set an MIT in the Strategy Builder:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-10_1552.png
Views:	194
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1057005

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DynamicTest  
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes