Order Entry and Hot Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Entry and Hot Keys

Hello. I was wondering if I can use hot keys to change the order quantity amount. For example, say I'm trading 4 NQ contracts and want to cut my order quantity down to 2 as soon as I enter a trade. Is there a way to program that or just use a keyboard hot key to do that?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

There are a number of ways you may use Hot Keys to enter or change order, but unfortunately decreasing the current quantity of an order is not currently one of them based on the information here.

In order to determine if there is a way we may assist you further, could you please clarify what type of trading you are doing and what exactly you are trying to achieve with the hot key? Do you want to increase or decrease the order quantity based on a set quantity interval or a custom one each time? Are you currently using ATM Strategies?

In the meantime, here is a bit of information about using Hot Keys in NinjaTrader 8:

I look forward to your response.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just looked through the hot keys link and didn't really see what I'm looking for. I mostly enter with market orders and then scale out on half with a market order, which can sometimes be pretty quick, so I was hoping to be able to cut the size in half automatically or be able to use a hot key as soon as I enter to cut it in half. Hopefully that explains it. If not let me know.

Comment

Hello,
        Thanks for the reply.
        Unfortunately, this type of scaling using hot keys is not supported.
        You may do so by manually changing the order quantity, of course, but that doesn't really solve your inquiry.
        I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created. submit a feature request to the development team so that they may consider introducing it in later releases.
        Please let me know if I may be of any more assistance.

Comment

No worries. Thanks for submitting it as a request and I always really appreciate the quick replies.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2386. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

A big +1 for this feature request.
              Hotkeys to set the quantity field and maybe some more to set it to equal/half/third/quarter position size would really be good.
              But pls make the number of contracts the hotkeys use configurable.

Comment

Added, autogenix

Comment

Please add my vote for two new hotkeys; 1) Increase Quantity, and 2) Decrease Quantity. With the increase/decrease increment user-defined in hotkey properties. Thanks!

Comment

Added Lancer

Comment

please add my vote, this is a must have

Comment

While you can't do this as a built in nt8 feature you can use the stream deck and auto hot key to accomplish this. you can see it on theirs here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjX3FMczk94. auto hot key allows you to script the order increase and you attach that script to your stream deck hot key or you could probably just link it to a windows hot key too.

Comment

Has any progress been made on setting /changing order quantity with hot keys?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

This feature request has not been implemented at this time.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Any update on this badly needed feature?

Add my vote to the list please.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                              1 response
                              1 like
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                              Started by EB Worx, 04-04-2023, 02:34 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes