Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Stock Pivots indicator

Hello,

I'm having a weird issue with the NT 8 stock pivots indicator.

Because I want to plot daily or weekly pivots, but only have 3 days of plot data on my renko chart, I added a 4 hour series of the same symbol to the chart, but for a few weeks. I set the colours to transparent so it does not plot and set it to show in the same window as the main data series of the same symbol. I tell pivots to use this data series. If you do this, S1, etc may plot with a line that goes across the whole screen, may plot with a line that is miniscule (about 1mm across), or may not plot at all, depending on the symbol.

It seems to be related to the size of the hidden bar, as if I change from 240 minute to 15 minute, the pivot appears, but takes the full width of the screen on NQ for example.

Any idea why this is? Any workaround to keep the plot consistent size and sat at the right of the screen?

Thanks.
    Last edited by pjsmith; 03-04-2018, 03:55 AM.

Hello,
    Thank you for writing in.

Glad to assist. To test, please double click on the pivots indicator to open the Properties window. Next, under Visual, select the Auto Scale box > Press OK. Test for issue via changing symbol and interval.

If pivot lines do not show, please right click on the chart > select Data Series to verify the Days to Load value to verify the custom value had not returned to default.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the response, but some missunderstanding I think. It is not a scale to screen issue and enabling this option with weekly pivots just shows a huge area and price action becomes a line. Auto scale is therefore not an option (but it does not change the issue anyway).

To replicate, try this

Add a primary data series, say 10 seconds, 3 days to your chart.
      Add a secondary data series, say 240 minute, 2 week to your chart

Both these data series in the same window, same scale, 240 minute set to transparent (i do not want to see if).

Now try to add weekly pivot based on the data series 2 with enough data to show that pivot.

You will see odd behaviour and the pivots, if they appear to the right of the screen at all will either be very small, or almost the width of the screen.

Comment

Thank you for your reply and additional steps. Due to historical data varying between providers, can you please let me know who you are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Can you also please plot a screen shot of the chart results you are seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
          Thank you for your reply and additional steps. Due to historical data varying between providers, can you please let me know who you are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Can you also please plot a screen shot of the chart results you are seeing?

Hi,

Kinnetick.

See attached daily pivot. With pivots set to 240 minute series ES 03-18

then change indicator to point to renko series ES 03-18, _exact_ same screen area.

Sometimes they are much smaller. Sometimes not at all.

Regardless of the series, if the same underlying instrument, indicator plot should be consistent width and position on right of chart?

Because of the way the attachments uploaded, I see number 1 as the ES renko and expected size. The other one is 240 minute hidden series.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the indicator plot should be the same if based on the same series. Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
            * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes