Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to filter by account in Executions tab of Control Panel

Hi guys,

I've just switched over from Patsystems to CQG/Continuum.

In the Executions tab of Control Panel, I want to filter by account. This works for any simulation accounts I have created but not for my live accounts.

Let us say my old live account was called myAcc. (One trade shows up in it historically but I don't know even know how this is possible since I never traded via NT8 until the switch over to Continuum. I was using NT7 prior to that.) The new account has been named myAccPlusSomeExtraCharacters.

When I right-click on an account in the Executions tab and select Filter by Account, all my accounts show up - except there are two entries for myAcc and no entries for myAccPlusSomeExtraCharacters. If I click on either of these, I get a blank tab i.e. no executions. Clicking on any of the sim accounts correctly shows my simulations trades.

Please could you have a look at this.

Thanks

Hello trader_rick, thanks for your post.

It is possible the trade you see on your old account was supplied by your broker. If you have not traded the new account in NT8 yet, no trades or executions will show up until you make a trade in NT8. There is also an option to migrate your database from NT7 to NT8 when you run NT8 for the first time, it's possible you clicked Yes to completing this procedure when NT8 was installed.

If you make a trade on your live account, you will see it in the Executions tab, please let me know if you are not seeing that.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK Chris, thanks for explaining how a trade executed in NT7 may have showed up in NT8, That was not the main point of my post however. I have made a live trade today. It is not showing up in the Execution tab, though my profit today in the account is correctly shown in the Accounts tab. If I set filter by account to All, then the executions for today are shown correctly. Exactly the same problem exits with the Orders tab. I cannot filter by my live account, which is again duplicated in the submenu. When I attempt to so, I have a blank tab.

Comment

Hello trader_rick, thanks for the follow up.

I would like to test your database file on my PC. Could you please send this to me? You can do this by going to Control Center>Help>Email Support. Expand "Other files" and check "Database file". Copy/paste this forum thread link in the body of the email.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

email has been sent

Comment

Hello trader_rick, thank you for sending that in.

Since I can not connect to your live account, I can not see the executions for that account in the Executions tab. Is this the case for you? Are you connected to your live account while viewing the Executions tab? I see the executions from today and tomorrow in the Trade Performance window, so they should display in the Executions tab if you are connected to the proper account.

I look forward to hearing of your results.

Comment

Yes, I am connected to my live account when attempting to view live executions.

Comment

Hi trader_rick , thanks for your reply.

We should reset your NinjaTrader database back to factory settings. Please test the functionality after this.
                • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via Connections > Disconnect
                • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Database Management
                • Check Historical Orders to remove historical orders
                • Check Historical Trades to remove historical trades
                • Press the "Reset" button
                I look forward to hearing of your results.

Comment

Thanks Chris,. I'm trading live at the moment so I will wait till market close to do as you suggested.

Comment

I did as you suggested - no change. Still seeing a blank tab with no executions or orders.

Comment

Hi trader_rick,

Have you made any new trades since performing the database reset procedure? Only newly generated executions will show up in the new database.

If we are not seeing executions of new trades going forward, we should do a repair of the platform. To do this, enter your license key in this page an download/run the NT8 installer:
                      ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Comment

No I haven't. But all the executions for today were still showing up when I filter by All accounts (i.e. both simulated and live trades) or Sim accounts but not the live accounts.

I'll do as you suggest on Monday when the markets open again.

Comment

I have executed some live trades since making the changes and nothing shows up when I filter by a live account.

I think the problem lies in the naming of the 2 live accounts.

My old live account in NT7 was called myAcc - this was a Patsystems account. This was inherited into NT8.
                          My new live account in NT8 is called myAcc!myBrokermyAcc. This is a CQG/Continuum account.

Obviously, myAcc signifies my real account name and myBroker signifies my real broker's name. Notice the use of ! in the name which strikes me as odd - don't know if this would cause problems or not.

Remember, under the filter by account submenu, I have 2 entries named myAcc show up, i.e. they are identical. This is confirmed when I check either one of them - then both of them show a check mark. So I think that my new account is not showing up at all as an option, which is why no executions show up, and I suspect this is a problem down to naming.

regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
                          6 responses
                          1 like
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                          Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                          6 responses
                          0 likes