nmt8 volumetric feature request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nmt8 volumetric feature request

I LOVE the new nt8 orderflow volumetric but it does need a few tweaks to be perfect imho
    like most trader im sure are used to seeing the bars in the middle NOT off to the side, AND there are no tails ???
    i like the fact that its dynamically resized but u should have the option of customizing the font size becuz the #'s are so small as to be rendered useless when the chart size is scaled to a point so u can see the trend in conjunction with orderflow #'s kinda the point isnt it ...

but most important of all RATHER than just highlighting the hva high volume area with different colour which is practically invisible ( remember its so small u can barely see it) needs to stand out in your face

i love the fact it does the delta calculations for you tooo
    i think if it looked like the ninjacator orderflow hva area would be best i attached an example from theres ...kinda obvious ... eh ?
    fix that and i u have it great!!!
    Attached Files

Hello fxtrader1,

Thank you for your post and feedback, I will forward your suggestions for future feature consideration.

Thank you for your use of NinjaTrader, we look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

btw could u answer a question i have about the settings in it ... this is a little more technical than anything but anyway .... ... just wondering about the implications ( for lack of a better word) obviously when creating a new chart u can select
      type = volumetric and then base period = range bar ( my preference ) and value and then go on to chart style which obviously is volumetric

but what i was wondering what is the " effect " or any possible benefit of creating a chart and selecting type = volumetric & base period = range & chart style = candle over " simply" selecting type = range bar ( in my case)
      hope u follow my drift ......

or is it kinda like " whats the point if not using chart type = volumetric lol

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, changing the chart style would essentially remove the added functions of the Volumetric bars along with the bars themselves. Similar to Point and Figure charts, this is best used with the same chart style and chart type.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sorry for any lame question just thought there might be some technical benefit to using range bars WITH type = volumetric over " simply " using " plain " range bars .. for example be able to use the cumulative delta etc.... thks anyway ... i repeat i think its great start and with only a few tweaks would be great asset ... better than most out there .....

Comment

Keep in mind, folks, that NinjaTrader should not be pressed into making a full featured tool that would kill business for vendors who might have put in lots of time and effort to make an excellent and similar premium product. Anything NT does should be entry level and fully usable but I don't think should infringe on their vendors. I would think NT would abide by this practice but am not sure. Just my opinion.

Full disclosure: I do not market a similar indicator and have refrained because there are so many options available already elsewhere.
            eDanny
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

THAT is the most rediculous and anti business statement i have ever heard, did u actually think before you wrote that? for example maybe, walmart or costco or safeway should stop pushing / developing improving their game/ products becuz it might impact THEIR vendors/ suppliers huh ?? OR here is a crazy out there idea UP YOUR GAME DUHHHHH! unbelievable they have every right to build software that is world class .....

Comment

Why are you so upset? Your analogy is totally wrong also. It was my opinion only and doesn't really affect 'my game' in this instance but I think most of the EcoSystem would probably agree with me. Again, why get so upset?
                eDanny
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
                  Keep in mind, folks, that NinjaTrader should not be pressed into making a full featured tool that would kill business for vendors who might have put in lots of time and effort to make an excellent and similar premium product. Anything NT does should be entry level and fully usable but I don't think should infringe on their vendors. I would think NT would abide by this practice but am not sure. Just my opinion.

Full disclosure: I do not market a similar indicator and have refrained because there are so many options available already elsewhere.
                  Agree, completely ridiculous, and nobody is upset here. It may not be your"game" but sounds like taxi drivers being upset with Uber.

It is surprising that NinjaTrader allows "most" of EcoSystem vendors to simply pirate their basic copyright indicators, add a couple of bells and whistles, and market it for big bucks instead of developing original products that really add value to NT.

Most likely your "many options available already elsewhere" are pirated and modified versions of the original VolumeLadderMetroEdition indicator post by Gomi, Devdas, etc. several years ago, open source and free of charge, on Futures.IO.

Remember, in addition to being a brokerage, NinjaTrader is competing with the likes of TradeStation, MetaStock, eSignal, TDA ThinkOrSwim, MotiveWave, etc. They need to constantly improve and provide value to their customers to stay competitive.

You can't tell Ninja Trader what they should or should not do, they will do whatever is necessary to keep their customers coming back, even if that means cutting into the bread and butter of a few Bell and Whistle coders.

If anything, NT should be encouraged to progress forward and keep up with the excellent work.

Cheers!
                  Last edited by aligator; 03-07-2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

why am i so upset .... lol ....im probably wasting my time trying to reason with you, but just for laughs you amuse me...

whats not to understand, you dont get simple business economics .... ???
                    your reply just proves my point ...
                    1, NOBODY ASKED FOR YOUR OPINON FIRST OF ALL, i dont remember asking for YOUR opinion it was a feature request !!!
                    what they do is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS !!!
                    quit whining, : if they keep doing this it will kill my business NEWS FLASH only if u let it dooooooooh! is that simple enough for you ????
                    2. talk about putting your foot in your mouth ... your essentially saying that their program is sooooooo much better than yours its gonna kill your business lol
                    YOUR COMMENTS basically are saying SINCE im too lazy to compete / improve my product to compete so i want THEM to slack off and i quote " Anything NT does should be entry level and fully usable but I don't think should infringe on their vendors"

NO NO PLEASE dont make a better mouse trap it'll make mine look even worse and i dont want to upgrade it ( too lazy etc.)
                    YOU dont see a problem with that LOL

1. they asked for end user input to make it better and i was simply making suggestions to make it better
                    if u cant handle it maybe you outta go home and crawl under your bed with your teddy bear where its safe lol !! and leave the big boys to play

my analogy is perfect !!! if you dont like it get out of the pool !!!

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
                      Agree, completely ridiculous, and nobody is upset here. It may not be your"game" but sounds like taxi drivers being upset with Uber.

It is surprising that NinjaTrader allows "most" of EcoSystem vendors to simply pirate their basic copyright indicators, add a couple of bells and whistles, and market it for big bucks instead of developing original products that really add value to NT.

Most likely your "many options available already elsewhere" are pirated and modified versions of the original VolumeLadderMetroEdition indicator post by Devdas,etc. several years ago, open source and free of charge, on Futures.IO.

Remember, in addition to being a brokerage, NinjaTrader is competing with the likes of TradeStation, MetaStock, eSignal, TDA ThinkOrSwing, MotiveWave, etc. They need to constantly improve and provide value to their customers to stay competitive.

You can't tell Ninja Trader what they should or should not do, they will do whatever is necessary to keep their customers coming back, even if that means cutting into the bread and butter of a few Bell and Whistle coders.

If anything, NT should be encouraged to progress forward and keep up with the excellent work.

Cheers!
                      i absolutely agree with you i have been with others, YES TS and love NT and NOW NT8 even better best customer service anywhere imho and i have a successful trader for many years !!

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post

Yeah, right. Like, they'd never go into the brokerage business and compete with the people that have been pushing and supporting their product for years, either, right? Oh, wait.. Too late.

It's a pig when people step on others toes. You have to adapt. But, people eventually vote with their feet when they feel a platform is going in the wrong direction. Evolution. Opens up the market for certain other vendors/platforms to up their game and step in.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by techgetgame, Today, 11:42 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post techgetgame  
                        Started by sephichapdson, Today, 11:36 PM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes