X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best practise startups

Hi NT,

I have 2 workspaces.
    One with all my charts, and I have many charts, and one which is completely Blank.
    Is it possible to have too many charts ?

I also have a market analyser, pulling in many data points for indicators and custom indictors (all OnBarClose) Is it possible to have too many charts ?

I know I likely need to upgrade pc specs at some point.

Sometimes NT crashes, perhaps due to the above, perhaps not.
    When i restart it, it feels like it takes a long time and i can see charts flashing on and off for a while..before everything fully loads up.

I know that opening NT on a blank workspace is recommended, but keen to get the NT take on it too.. it is possible to force open my Blank workspace everythign i neeed to start NT after a crash ?

While NinjaTrader is a powerful platform, it is absolutely possible to bring it to its knees with certain settings or additions. PC hardware can certainly play a role in this as well.

Having custom NinjaScript adds a layer of variables and complexity which can certainly exacerbate performance issues and produce the symptoms you're describing.

With that said, I don't have enough information to really troubleshoot what you're experiencing specifically. We recommend in general that you follow these performance tips:

I'd recommend writing into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may gather more information about what you're experiencing specifically.

To answer your question directly, you can force NinjaTrader to start without your workspaces by following these steps:
    • Shut down NinjaTrader
    • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces
    • Cut and paste all the files within this folder onto your desktop
    • Restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.

I'd like to clarify that I do not recommend this as a solution. Please write in so we can find out more about what the crashes are occurring in the first place and fix the issue permanently.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post arvidvanstaey