Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to sync up multiple charts?

Hi

I'm looking to sync up multiple charts of the same pair. Basically, i plan to draw something in the 5 minute timeframe and would like it to appear in the 4hour timeframe chart that i have open. Is this possible to do with ninjatrader? Also another feature is that when i scroll across the 5 minute chart, the other charts should follow (to where the cursor is on the 5 minute). is this possible?

Hello mohdhm,

Thank you for your post.

You can apply your drawing object to all chart of the same instrument. But you could not apply the object to charts using different instruments.

Please double click the drawing object to open its properties menu. Set 'Attach to' to (All charts) and click OK. The drawing object will now be plotted in all charts of the same instrument.

Here is the Working with Drawing Tools and Objects Help Guide to assist you further.

You could use the Global Cross Hair to link Cross Hairs from multiple chart windows. This means that as you move the Global Cross Hair in one chart, all other Global Cross Hairs will move together by automatically staying at the same time and price.

Left mouse click on the Cursor icon in the chart toolbar and select the Global menu item.

If the active Global Cross Hair moves outside the viewable horizontal range of any other chart with Global Cross Hair enabled, the horizontal axis in the inactive charts will automatically scroll to keep aligned with the active cursor. If you wish to use the Global Cross Hair with time-axis scrolling disabled, you can select Global (No Time Scroll) from either the chart toolbar or the Crosshair menu. With Global (No Time Scroll) selected, the cursor icon within the chart toolbar will display a cross hair with a round border.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am missing a crosshair but only with a vertical line. I don't need the information shown by the horizontal line.
      The horizontal line is sometimes disturbing, and if that line by accident is exactly on a panel splitter line, the other windows don't run synchronized anymore. Could that option be added in the crosshair menu?

Comment

Hello marcus2300,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

I also find the horizontal line annoying. It would be a great improvement to have a vertical time-line only option available for Local, Global, and Global (No Time Scroll). In fact, I think that should be the default, because it is far more common to want to find the same time on multiple charts than it is to find the same price.

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4451. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cre8able  
            Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes