Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how to handle a "frozen" modal rollover dialog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to handle a "frozen" modal rollover dialog?

I tried to open the database window and then the rollover dialog.. but then it did a modal freeze.. meaning ninjatrader still works but if you click on ninjatrader windows they will ding.

But the modal rollover window yes/no dialog box is still there and unresponsive.

is there any way out of this? I tried to send close commands using other programs to the dialog box and it just ignores it as well,.

But I have strategies running and they are still working so I don't want to force close NT8.

So currently I can let the strategies run but I can't change to any other tabs or anything like that because I will get a modal ding sound if I click on the chart windows.

would such windows trigger an OnWindowDestroyed call? maybe my addon is misbehaving

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Based on the details it sounds like the window is somehow stuck, have you tried the escape key? Thats really the only other button I could think may apply here to try and close the window.

You may also try to see if there are any extra windows wanting attention listed in the windows task bar. Generally this is to hover your mouse over the icon on your start bar, look at the open windows and see if there is one asking to click OK or something.

What were the specific steps, was this Control center -> Database -> Rollover button?

The above process does open a little window asking a yes or no question, if you have an addon managing windows in some way its possible it closed it/hides it. Clicking yes/no would trigger an OnWindowDestroyed call for that popup, if you are not filtering in the addon you are likely applying logic to all windows that are destroyed/opened.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think it was because of my OnWindowDestroyed handling, didn't realize it applied even to dialog windows .. I removed my override and haven't had problems since.

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Yes this is one of the main advantages of the addon is that it can observe all windows. It is likely that something your addon was doing has somehow affected the window, unfortunately I wouldnt really have any extra suggestions for that case other than to reach a break point and restart the platform.

Generally you can filter the windows passed into the addons override by comparing types, you can do this in a few ways such as :

Code:
          ControlCenter cc = window as ControlCenter;
          if (cc == null)
          return;
          I look forward to being of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
          Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes