Collapse

Hard stop in Chart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can use a very high frequency to effectively turn the three steps of auto trail into another 'break even' single move. Here is an example where the auto breakeven moves the stop to breakeven after 5 ticks of profit then the auto trail steps move the stop loss closer at 7, 10, and 12 ticks of profit:

Comment

Yes, but I was looking to stop the ATM trail after a certain profit and take over the trade manually. I want to go to breakeven, then move then after some ticks auto trail to lock in profit and then not have the ATM trail do anything so I can take over the trade manually (place stop above below candles manually).

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

It may be possible using the method described in post #16 depending on exactly what you're trying to accomplish. For example, have auto trail step 1 be your trail then make step 2 be the 'hard stop'. Here is another example where we utilize breakeven, then have step 1 trail the stop for 4 ticks, then a 'hard stop' at the 10th tick of profit:

the stop strategy would effectively be disabled and you could manually manage your stop loss without the stop strategy modifying further.

Comment

Okay , sounds like it should all do what I need. I will play with it tonight. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Tim-c
          by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes