• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Order Flow + Strategy Builder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainmakersg
    replied
    Hi Cheasea, I have solved the issue. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello Rainmakersg,

Print the values used in the condition to find out.

What is the condition in the strategy?

What are the values used in the condition on the bar in question?

Leave a comment:

• Rainmakersg
    replied
    Hi Chelsea, thanks for your reply.

Please let me first go back to basics.

Please see the attached for my script.

CumDelta.zip

It simply plots the Delta Close of the Cumulative Delta indicator. I removed the colors to make things simple.

I can add this indicator to a strategy. However, the strategy cannot be executed and it cannot be backtested. The strategy is as simple as buy on positive and sell on negative value.

Have I hit a dead end?

Is there any other work-around to at least include this into a strategy and have it executed? I can forgo the backtesting for now as I can live with forward test.

Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello Rainmakersg,

The Order Flow Cumulative Delta does historically, however I cannot comment on your custom script.

If the behavior of a script is not what you are expecting or what you are wanting, use prints and TraceOrders to understand why.

Below is a link to a forum post that demonstrates using prints to understand behavior.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...121#post791121

Enable TraceOrders, print the time of the bar and all values used in the conditions that submit entry orders.
    Save the output from the output window to a text file and provide this with your next post and I would be happy to assist you in analyzing the output and understanding the behavior.

A green bar would be one where the Close[0] is greater than the Open[0]. A red bar is one where the Close[0] is less than the Open[0].

Yes, you can compare the open and close of a bar in the Price section.

If you have not already, I highly recommend you watch the Strategy Builder 301 video.

Below is a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...040#post786040

Leave a comment:

• Rainmakersg
    replied
    Hi Chelsea,

Can you answer the rest of my questions. I repost:

I copied the code in this link : https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ive_delta2.htm
    and included it into a custom indicator and I was successful at replicating the "Order Flow Cumulative Delta" indicator in the Order Flow + suite that comes with the lifetime license.

I was able to add this custom indicator to the Strategy Builder, but it cannot do any backtest.

If I attach it to a chart, would it be able to run the strategy at all?

I also need to compare the bars of the custom indicator to the bar on the chart. E.g. If custom indicator is green and chart bar is green, draw an up arrow. This will at least help me to observe if the strategy is viable. Is this even possible? If so, please advise how can I do it?

Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello Rainmakersg,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

I've added your vote to SFT-4377 as well. Thank you for your vote.

Leave a comment:

• Rainmakersg
    replied
    Please add my vote too.

I copied the code in this link : https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ive_delta2.htm
    and included it into a custom indicator and I was successful at replicating the "Order Flow Cumulative Delta" indicator in the Order Flow + suite that comes with the lifetime license.

I was able to add this custom indicator to the Strategy Builder, but it cannot do any backtest.

If I attach it to a chart, would it be able to run the strategy at all?

I also need to compare the bars of the custom indicator to the bar on the chart. E.g. If custom indicator is green and chart bar is green, draw an up arrow. This will at least help me to observe if the strategy is viable. Is this even possible? If so, please advise how can I do it?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Rainmakersg; 07-02-2020, 11:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello trader333,

I've got your vote in.

Thanks for your voice.

Leave a comment:

• trader333
    replied
    Please add my vote for this feature

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello slippedmydisco,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

I've added your vote to SFT-4377.

Thanks for your interest with this.

andi5385,

No Order Flow+ tools are available with the Strategy Builder.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...48#post1092848

SFT-4377 is not implemented at this time. With all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Leave a comment:

• andi5385
    replied
    Hi @ninjatrader_chelseab,

can you tell us a list, where is described what OrderFlow Tools are usable at the Moment with Actions/Triggers in the Strategy Builder?

And can you give us an update of the development with the OrderFlow Tools with the Strategy Builder?

Thank you,
    Andreas

Leave a comment:

• slippedmydisco
    replied
    Hi NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, I also would like to put a vote in for implementing the Order Flow indicators in the Strategy Builder.

Thanks,

Andy

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello Andi,

Using Order Flow indicators in the Strategy Builder is not currently a feature of NinjaTrader 8.

These can be called from an unlocked script if you would like call these at this time.

SFT-4377 has not been implemented at this time.

If implemented this ID will be listed in the release notes.

Leave a comment:

• andi5385
    replied
    Hello Chelsea,
    it's not a feature, it's a part of the program I buy when I buy the license to automate strategies...so I think I'm not the only one who is waiting for this.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello Andi,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums.

With all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by D Trader, Yesterday, 09:43 AM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
Started by cassiano_sanches, 07-10-2020, 07:37 PM
1 response
0 likes