Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Drawing

Hi,

I am drawing different line styles which are appearing globally within the workspace, but not outside to other open workspaces where the same instrument charts are enabled for global objects. How can I fix this?

Thanks

Hello derivtrader,

Thanks for your post.

By default, global objects are limited to the workspace they are created in.

You can change this behavior by going to the NinjaTrader8 control center and selecting Tools>Options and in the General category, locate and change the state of "Global drawing objects across workspaces". This change will immediately apply to the existing drawing objects that have been set global.

Caution, global drawing objects deleted in a chart in a workspace will also be deleted in other workspaces.

References:
    "Understanding local vs. global drawing objects" https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._tools__ob.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the info..Works fine now..While drawing using the Labeled Ray from the Labeled Drawing tool indicator I get a different price value label plot than the values in the properties inputs. Any thoughts on why? See attached
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello derivtrader,

Thanks for your reply.

Glad we were able to answer your initial question.

We will need to investigate what you are reporting on the labeled line ray showing at a different value than what is specified in the data field.

We will update this thread when we have further information.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello derivtrader,

Thanks for downloading the Labeled Lines Drawing Tool.

There are some corner cases where the code will not show an expected value. This is generally when the ray crosses the viewable chart area, but the anchor points are outside of screenspace. I did try testing with the latest version I uploaded to our User App Share. Could you confirm you are using the most recent version I have uploaded and could you clarify on how I can hit this issue to look into this further?

I recorded a demo showing how I tested, and I could not reproduce.

Demo - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...es-trendscore/

Labeled Lines Drawing Tool - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-drawing-tool/

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

I look forward to your reply.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim,

Thanks for looking at this. I figured out that in properties: text display mode: EndPointAtPrpiceScale labels the right value for the rays in my charts. It was set to PriceScale prior. Makes sense now..Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
            9 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ender_wiggum  
            Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Mizzouman1