• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Saving Alerts in chart template & copying Alerts from chart to chart & tab to tab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Alerts in chart template & copying Alerts from chart to chart & tab to tab

Hello Support

I have 4 chart windows in my workspace that have multiple tabs for each chart. I know there is a feature request outstanding for FULL Alert property templates. I can't find a way to save alerts in my CHART templates? Is this expected? I also can't copy alerts from chart to chart or tab to tab? Is this expected?

If this is the case, then this is very inefficient! It means I have to re-create every alert for a tab again for each other tab, and then again in each chart!

I'm assuming I'm not doing something right or I've missed something? It can't be this inefficient?

Appreciate your assistance
    Last edited by TraderYoda; 05-25-2019, 02:11 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post and feedback. You are correct, at this time Alerts are not saved as part of the chart template. Chart properties, chart panel properties, and indicator settings can be saved as a Chart Template. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team.

The tracking ID for this request is SFT-2045. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. Our Help Chart properties, chart panel properties, and indicator settings can be saved as a Chart Template Release Notes will also list all new changed or additions to NinjaTrader (Help > Help).

Please let me me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Eric

To confirm, does this feature request (SFT-2045) include copying alerts from chart to chart and from tab to tab?

Appreciate your assistance

Comment

The title of SFT-2045 is "Allow Alerts to be saved as part of a window template". So, you'd be able to copy between charts/tabs by applying the template that the alert is saved to.
        Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank You Patrick

Comment

Is there also a way to just save the set of indicators within a chart to a indicators template without chart properties etc.?

Comment

Chart properties and indicators are the two main items saved as part of a chart template. It is not possible to separate these into individual templates grouped by only indicators or chart properties.
              Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by chazyang, Today, 02:01 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post chazyang  
              Started by tonynt, Today, 01:20 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes