Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Saving Alerts in chart template & copying Alerts from chart to chart & tab to tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Alerts in chart template & copying Alerts from chart to chart & tab to tab

Hello Support

I have 4 chart windows in my workspace that have multiple tabs for each chart. I know there is a feature request outstanding for FULL Alert property templates. I can't find a way to save alerts in my CHART templates? Is this expected? I also can't copy alerts from chart to chart or tab to tab? Is this expected?

If this is the case, then this is very inefficient! It means I have to re-create every alert for a tab again for each other tab, and then again in each chart!

I'm assuming I'm not doing something right or I've missed something? It can't be this inefficient?

Appreciate your assistance
    Last edited by TraderYoda; 05-25-2019, 02:11 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post and feedback. You are correct, at this time Alerts are not saved as part of the chart template. Chart properties, chart panel properties, and indicator settings can be saved as a Chart Template. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team.

The tracking ID for this request is SFT-2045. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. Our Help Chart properties, chart panel properties, and indicator settings can be saved as a Chart Template Release Notes will also list all new changed or additions to NinjaTrader (Help > Help).

Please let me me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Eric

To confirm, does this feature request (SFT-2045) include copying alerts from chart to chart and from tab to tab?

Appreciate your assistance

Comment

The title of SFT-2045 is "Allow Alerts to be saved as part of a window template". So, you'd be able to copy between charts/tabs by applying the template that the alert is saved to.

Comment

Thank You Patrick

Comment

Is there also a way to just save the set of indicators within a chart to a indicators template without chart properties etc.?

Comment

Chart properties and indicators are the two main items saved as part of a chart template. It is not possible to separate these into individual templates grouped by only indicators or chart properties.

Comment

Hello Support

Regarding feature requests for "Alerts" improvements (SFT-1988 & SFT-2045), I understand the generic response of "it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if or when any request will be implemented". Unfortunately this leaves us (the user) hanging in hope - sometimes for years! What I'd like to know is, if it is possible for a private programmer to program these "Alerts templates" functionality that we are requesting. Or, is this something that only the Ninjatrader development team can do? I'm at the stage of frustration now where I'm willing to pay a programmer to increase the efficiency of the Alerts functionality within Ninjatrader, but I don't know if this is possible? Appreciate your input.

Comment

A custom indicator could be made that makes it easier to set up alerts, and then that indicator could utilize templates to make it easier to configure on other charts. If you're interested in contacting a developer in creating custom NinjaScript for you, I would suggest searching our publicly available NinjaTrader Ecosystem website

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Thank you Patrick

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I have been using alerts with some custom premium 3rd party indicators and they work fine. Recently I decided to customize and created my own alerts as per my need but unfortunately, there is no way to save the alert to be applied to another chart. I usually have 36 charts open at the same time. I would not like to manually configure them on each chart and even after that if I need to reapply any change on the template of the charts it will be wiped. I can feel the pain of TraderYoda. I think Ninjatrader should build an alert transfer feature to another chart or we should be able to attach to the existing templates. Please let me know if I am missing something and the feature is already available.

Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, FXGKS . I've added your vote to SFT-1988 & SFT-2045.

Comment

Thanks, Patrick!

Comment

Hello Patrick G.,

Please add my vote to SFT-1988 & SFT-2045 for the implementation of saving "Alerts" templates - It would be most welcome !!

Comment

Added, Eric M .

For others who would like to vote for these features - I will continue to add votes as they are received, however, I will no longer be confirming the vote with a post.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post LawrenHom  
                              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post love2code2trade