Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Performance & Market Analizer Issues & Questions - NT8 ver 8.0.6.1

Hello,

I am running into occasional issues in the trade performance table where very occasionally, it either gets the entry or exit completely wrong or in some cases calculated as a short or long versus the other direction. This does not impact the acct balances, I only see this in the trade performance. Even though it only happens occasionally it impacts my stats and data so I'm looking for a fix.

Also I am using a market analyser and although I have average daily volume, it is empty and does not populate any data there. Another thing is can I add previous day volume although I did not see an option for that,

Thanks

p.s would the upgrade address any of those issues ?

Hello Bougie_NT8,

Thanks for your note.

It looks like you're using a very outdated version of NinjaTrader 8. Please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com for instructions on updating the platform to the latest version. After updating NinjaTrader, please test whether you're still getting unexpected results in the Trade Performance window.

Average daily volume is not provided by all data feeds, so most likely the reason this column appears blank is that this information is not being provided by through your connection. Which data feed are you connected to (for example NinjaTrader Continuum, Kinetick, etc.)?

Please follow the steps below to view the previous day's total volume in the Market Analyzer:

- Right-click the Market analyzer, then go to Columns

- In the list of available columns, find Indicator and double click it to add an indicator column

- Select the indicator column under Configured, then click the Indicator drop-down menu in the right panel and select 'VOL'

- In the same panel, under Data Series set Type to Day, and Value to 1

- Under Time Frame, set Load data based on to 'Custom range', and Start date to two days ago. So if today is 5/24, select 5/22 here to view the total volume for 5/23

- Under Set up, set Calculate to 'On bar close'

- Click OK. You should now have a column which displays a static value representing the previous day's total volume.

Below I have provided a link with more information about Columns in the Market Analyzer:

Don't hesitate to reach out if we may be of further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. I updated and will see if the Trade Performance issues are resolved since they were very sporadic. Any .. good to have updated and everything seems to work well. My connection is continuum I think. I will check with my broker to see if there is any reason the average volume is not provided.

Comment

i just had issues today with trade performance. I had a 7 or 8 tick loss and it showed a 48 tick loss. acct balance it correct, only trade performance is off. see attached. please reply

Comment

12 points x 4 ticks per point = 48 ticks.

Comment

Hello Bougie_NT8,

Thanks for your note.

Please send me your database, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Database file'.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2166061 ATTN Tyler

I look forward to being of assistance.
            Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM