Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all my charts are lagging !!!!!!

hi

charts lagging even though there is not lots of volume in the market please see the pic
    when i disconnect my connection , my charts are still updating !!!!
    Attached Files

i restarted my pc and then took volume profile for glx session out and only using order flow volume profile for RTH and it was fiune then after 5 minutes i noticed my chart are lagging so took a pic of the time and my T&S
    Attached Files

Comment

its the order flow volume profile causing it , if i expand it to vertically to see the letters instead of blocks then it will bring the lag to the charts : i have tagged to pics first one ok but it looks ridiculous , 2nd pic is the right one but it will cause a lag .suggestions please , because i have tried third party Volume Profiles and they dont cause the lag on my NT8 !!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello saeed,

Thank you for your posts.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)

To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
        • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
        • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
        • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
        • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of it's contents
          • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
          • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach it to your reply.
        I would also advise that you see the following PC performance connection guide for information on CPU intensive items that can lead to lagging behavior.
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...mance_tips.htm

I have provided below all the CPU intensive items that I would highly recommend looking at when building your workspace.

-We always recommend restarting or shutting down your PC at least once a day. If you have not done so today, please troubleshoot by doing so now.

-Running multiple applications while NinjaTrader is running has been known to affect NinjaTrader's performance. Please limit the number of running applications on your PC to troubleshoot. Web browsers have been specifically known to consume a lot of resources.

-Limiting a number of workspaces that you have running. You may check this by navigating to the Control Center > Workspaces. Any workspaces with overlapping boxes to the left of the workspace name is an open and running workspace. To close a workspace hover your mouse over the workspace you would like to close and click close.

-Having a minimum Days to load on your charts will be less intensive. This setting can be found by right-clicking on your charts and selecting Data Series.

-The indicator option Calculate set to On each tick or On price change is known to be a more CPU intensive settings. Setting it to On bar close is less intensive. You may find this setting by right-clicking on your chart and selecting Indicators. Once the Indicators window appears, the setting will be located to the right-hand side of the window.

-Large databases have been known to slow down NinjaTrader. If the above doesn't work, what size is your database? You may check this by navigating to the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder. Next, right-click on the file called NinjaTrader.sdf and select Properties. The size of the database will be in the General tab.

-Also, if you are running a custom or 3rd party indicator or strategy, remove them to isolate if these custom NinjaScript objects may be a CPU or memory drain.

Thanks in advance: we look forward to assisting you further.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

please see the pic
          Attached Files

Comment

please read all the comments i posted earlier , look at the pics too . thanks

Comment

Nt script monitor
              Attached Files

Comment

Pc hardware info
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello saeed,

Thank you for your replies.

How long did you run the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor for before taking the screenshot you posted? Some of those values are extremely large and concerning.

How many charts do you have open at once? Do you have more than one workspace open at a time? Workspaces that have a gray box next to their name in the Workspaces menu are open and running in the background, and will impact performance.

For the Order Flow Volume Profile, what are your settings for that? If you could provide screenshots of those it would be helpful.

How many days of data are you loading on your charts? Are all your charts tick charts rather than time based?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
                  Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                  47 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes