Oanda Market Orders getting rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oanda Market Orders getting rejected

I'm running an automated strategy that sends market orders tif (day) to Oanda. I'm getting a 'cannot route the order at this time error'. I've attached my log,

Thanks,

Jrtrader

CRITICAL - If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

Also, do not share your log/trace files publicly as they can contain sensitive information. I downloaded your log file then removed it from your post. Here is the error from your log with sensitive information removed:
    2019-05-28 07:07:59:420|1|32|Order='xxxx' Name='long' New state='Rejected' Instrument='AUDUSD' Action='Buy' Limit price=0 Stop price=0 Quantity=10,000 Type='Market' Time in force=DAY Oco='' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error='Order rejected' Native error='Cannot route the order at this time'

Please contact Oanda directly and ask what this error means, how this can occur, and how to avoid it in the future.

From our perspective, this seems like an order routing issue that can be caused connectivity problems. You could also try these general networking troubleshooting steps to mitigate or eliminate any connectivity issues (test for the issue after each step):
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
    • Restart your PC
    • Clear your DNS
    • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
    • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Aviram Y  
    Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby