IB - too long to load charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB - too long to load charts

It can take 30 minutes to load a new chart on NT using IB data.

Trying to load CAT this morning and it's been half an hour.

The 240 chart loaded with 250 days history (took about 5-10 mins) switched to 1 min and it's been half an hour and it's still "loading"

What is wrong?

Interactive Brokers historical data is relatively slow due to throttling that Interactive Brokers has in place. You can learn more about this from Interactive Brokers documentation here:

TWS API v9.72: Historical Data Limitations

The only work around for this limitation would be to reduce the days to load on your charts or use a data feed that does not have similar limitations.

Comment

The link is really just to provide some context/proof of my statements that slow loading historical data can be expected when using Interactive Brokers. I would recommend restarting your PC then restarting NinjaTrader to see if the symptom persists. If the symptom is "my charts are slow to load", then this is expected. My original suggestion of reducing the days to load, or in general, reducing the amount of windows requesting historical data would be the work around. Alternatively, obtain a different data feed.

If you believe there may be another contributing factor, we cannot gather enough specific information on the forums to find out what is unique about your PC/NinjaTrader. As always, you can get more specific/detailed support via email. Please contact us at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com for more detailed analysis. Make sure to include a link to this forum thread and "2170223 ATTN PatrickG" in the message.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post

The only work around for this limitation would be to reduce the days to load on your charts or use a data feed that does not have similar limitations.
        If I used different data, say Zen Fire, I wouldn't be able to trade from the charts any longer would I?

Thanks.

Comment

Zenfire has not existed for some time, however, I believe they were Rithmic-based. Rithmic does not experience this same limitation because they use our historical data servers.

It is possible to use one connection for data and trade to another. In your example, you would pull historical data from Rithmic (NinjaTrader) and trade to your Interactive Brokers account. Rithmic would provide futures only, so for equities you would need another solution like Kinetick.

Here are some links about our supported data providers and how multiple connections work in NinjaTrader 8:

Comment

Interesting.... so how much does Kinetic cost just for the live data?

Thanks.

Comment

Please contact Kinetick directly for more information:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by marcus2300, Today, 10:21 AM
              1 response
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post marcus2300