Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader stuck at startup

Hello,
    Running NT 8 64bit. I have custom scripts and using Kinetick intraday.
    I am unable to run NT. It loads some of the charts , but then it is just stuck for hours. The remaining unloaded charts have "Loading...".
    I am also unable to access the control or any other of the windows.
    Last time ,I added some more instruments to my market analyzer. I suspect that maybe the reason , but I am unable to access anything, so I can't disable it.
    I erased the cache , but it didn't help.
    Is there a mode to run Ninja without custom scripts ? is there a way to disable the market analyzer before running NT ?
    Any suggestions ?
    Thanks

Yes, there is a safe mode to diagnose symptoms like this:

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
    • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
    Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please connect to a data feed then open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces > Choose your workspace.

If there are no issues, restart NinjaTrader normally and test for issues.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns.

Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

Hi Patrick,
      First of all, I really appreciate the level of support both in response time and the quality of the answers !!!! This is really amazing , and always surprises me !! Thank you !
      To the issue - All seems to be working now !
      I suspect the problem maybe related to a specific instrument - somehow when I load this instrument ("NTNX") , on a 30 sec chart, I get only 5 days of data, regardless of the value that is set in the "days to load". If I change it to another instrument on a 30sec chart , I get all the data. If I change from 30 sec to 1 min on NTNX, I get all the data .
      Any idea on how this can occur ? I suspect that this may have caused an issue in the loading process.
      Thanks again

Comment

Leope,

You're welcome! We're always happy to help and we love hearing feedback like this from our clients.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
        • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
        • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
        • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Just one more comment - I noticed that this phenomena happens on other instruments as well -
          so besides NTNX , I also see it on ZYNE, SOLY , REG . The issue I see - on a 30 sec chart , data is only available for the last 5 days, regardless of the "days to load".
          I see it on a new chart with no indicators at all. it works fine for other instruments.
          I use Kinetick as data provider. No errors are flagged on the Log.
          Can you please check if this also happens on your side ? Any idea what is wrong here ?
          Thanks again !

Comment

You were faster than my comment ...
            NT version is 8.0.16.1 64-bit
            connected to Kinetick real time
            No errors on screen or in the Log

Comment

Leope,

I see that you're using an older and unsupported version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.
              • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
              • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
              • Enter your license key and press Submit
              • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
              • Select 'Download'
              • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
              30 second charts are built from tick data. Do you experience any of these symptoms if you load a 1 minute chart?

The other thing to consider here is that Kinetick has a restriction on when you can download more than 8 days of historical tick data. If you attempt to download more than 8 days during RTH hours, it will not download the data. If you download outside these hours (basically after 6PM and before 9AM eastern US time) you should have access to all of their available tick data.

After the update, try waiting until after 6PM ET to download tick data for these instruments.

Comment

Patrick,
                Thanks a lot for the answer !
                I updated the version .
                The problem does not appear on a 1 min chart , so I guess it is due to the
                Kinetick limitation. I will try it later.
                Thanks again !

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes