ES stops data on cash open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ES stops data on cash open

This has been going on for a few weeks every once in while no issues but, usually after open I have to close platform and re-open, all other indexes and cl fine ?
    I have checked data times and anything simple that I could find / all seems same. anybody having this issue?

or is there a simple fix

thanks

Jim

WHALES (20 CT) traders want to eliminate the little guys

Comment

If this is occurring only right at market open, I would be curious if you're experiencing a rendering delay due to the volatility in the market and your PC/NinjaTrader's ability to keep up with the incoming data.
      • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
      • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
      • How many total workspaces are open? In those open workspaces, how many total charts are there? In those charts, how many tabs? In those chart tabs, how many total indicators?
      • Does this symptom subside after a few seconds or minutes? What must be done to 'recover' from this symptom?
      I look forward to your reply.

Comment

version 8.0.18.0 64-bit i had just recently updated come to think this issue may have started after .

It is only es charts nothing else effected as far as data the ES freeze on opening print doesn't recover / have to close platform and reopen then all is fine

No error on screen 1 work space open minimal charts for each index and cl

Comment

To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
          • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
          • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
          • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
          • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of it's contents
            • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
            • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

capture as instructed
            Attached Files

Comment

I see two custom addons at the top of this list. This is not necessarily bad, however, it is the first place I would start if we're trying to combat a performance issue during high volatility.

If you remove ProSuiteMarketProfiler from your ES charts, does this symptom persist? What mzFootPrint also?

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:

Comment

Still having issues I don't have that many charts open or anything that would really bog down computer I have the power and had IQ feed look / but still having issues with ES only everything else still works perfect on feed. I cleaned up charts removed some indicators un needed / the other day I just left it alone and it started after awhile. and the usual is to close platform and reopen

A reminder the feed doesn't stop all other symbols are ok /

here is a issue when I close down and try to re-open platform you have to wait or try multiple times with this error message
                Attached Files

Comment

NinjaTrader 8 is multi-threaded and can take advantage of CPUs with multiple physical and logical cores. This is an over simplification, but NinjaTrader assigns one instrument to one thread in order to keep all windows displaying that instrument in sync. One plausible explanation is the ES thread is becoming locked up. This would result in only the ES being affected while other symbols are not.

I'll need more information to determine the true root cause for this symptom you're experiencing. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
                  • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                  • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                  • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2171376 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Thank you Patrick I just sent it. has a ll my logs for the day

Comment

Update : With the time and patience of Patrick we have resolved the issue , after looking through multiple charts and updating add on etc. and a general clean up / Patrick came into the platform found multiple work spaces that were installed by a download update from vendor containing 3 to 4 ES charts all these work spaces were open at same time .
                      I wasn't licensee for tools in those spaces so I/we just deleted them . Patrick waited for open to see what happened and bingo issue went away

thanks Patrick for your patience and help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
                      Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes